cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive messages from other service providers

ShirleyZhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recently just ported my phone number from my previous service provider (virgin mobile) to public mobile. However, an issue has arisen where I am unable to receive texts and phone calls from my contacts who use other service providers. For instance, my son, who is still using virgin mobile has been unable to text or call me (all calls automatically goes to voice mail) but I've been able to call him (but not text him) and my friends who use public mobile has been able to text me just fine. 

4 REPLIES 4

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ShirleyZhang wrote:

I've recently just ported my phone number from my previous service provider (virgin mobile) to public mobile. However, an issue has arisen where I am unable to receive texts and phone calls from my contacts who use other service providers. For instance, my son, who is still using virgin mobile has been unable to text or call me (all calls automatically goes to voice mail) but I've been able to call him (but not text him) and my friends who use public mobile has been able to text me just fine. 

@ShirleyZhang 

Looks like your number porting is not completed.

Open a ticket with PM via:

Chatbot (tiia.ai)

Note: Keep your Virgin  SIM in the phone to reply Yes to the SMS sent to confirm porting within 90 minute.

Elahria
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You could try turning your device off for 5 minutes and starting it back up. If you have already tried something similar it's possible virgin could be taking a while to release your number.

If it's anything like web domain addressing it is possible that it could take a while for virgin to update that your number has changed providers and it's running into a conflict. Restarting your device could get the system to release or update it's routing.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ShirleyZhang   Maybe porting not completed yet

did you reply an text on your Virgin SIM? After you requested porting Virgin will send you a text to confirm if you are leaving.  you need to reply YES within 90 mins.  After you replied YES, it still might take 2 hours to complete 

There is a number you can call to confirm porting status.  I will send it to you.  Check your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you port your phone number to PM ?  Try rebooting your phone.

If still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.