cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls/texts

Draxion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just recently activated and transfered my phone plan from Roger's to public mobile on Thursday night. However, I'm still not able to receive calls or texts. I did get the confirmation code and input that so I'm not sure why the transfer would be taking so long.

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Draxion   Did you reply to the Rogers text authorizing the port by replying YES within 90 minutes of receipt, and then put your PM sim in the phone and restart it?   Have you checked whether the Rogers sim is still working?   There is a number you can call for porting problems only, I will private message it to you.  If they can't help you can open a ticket with PM support at the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Draxion 

If you place your Rogers SIM card into your phone, are you getting service with them still? 

If not, have you tried to reboot your phone? Also, take out your PM SIM card and try it in a different phone. Sometimes SIM cards can be finicky. And as a second last resort, go into your network settings and reset your networks and reboot. 

If you're still having issues, let us know, we'll figure it out.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Draxion 

It should only take a couple of hours.

Did you reboot your phone by powering off then back on?

You can also check with your previous carrier to see if porting was completed or stick to old SIM in the phone to see if it is still working. If it works then porting was incomplete.

Just contact a CS_Agent by Submitting a Ticket on the Chat bubble.

Need Help? Let's chat.