cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts from certain numbers

memerederoche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched to public mobile from rogers and everything worked fine except i can't receive calls or text and cannot send texts to 3 different numbers(that i know of).

When switching i never received a text from rogers to confirm the number transfer but everything seamed to be fine but 2 of my sons are unable to call or text me and i am unable to text them but call will go thru now i just found out my doctor has been trying to call me for  a week and he is unable to contact me.

Not sure where to go from here, i have tried my sim card in a different phone and have the same issue

11 REPLIES 11

Jessica5566
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm having the similar issue.

I just switched to PM days ago from Fido, and it seems I can call out with the new esim, but can only send text to or receive text from numbers of certain carriers. I have to keep my old sim to make sure I don't miss anything. 

I'm just afraid stucking between two carriers will make me pay double.

@diannad

ok, that is an easy fix. 

I will send you the porting team phone number to your community inbox.  Call them tomorrow morning and they can re-trigger the porting process 

diannad

I just joined PM and requesting porting but I know that it didn't fully port so I'm stuck between PM and my old provider.  Fortunately, I have my old SIM card so I go back and forth between the SIM cards to receive everything.

@diannad give us some details for your situation

can you make outgoing calls?

you are not receiving incoming?

did you just join PM? did you request porting??

diannad

I'm having the same problem.  I submitted a ticket to Public Mobile but nothing resolved after days.  Can you tell me what you did to resolve your issue?

memerederoche

thanks for all the information, everything is working fine now it was a problem with the porting from rogers.

memerederoche

thank you i'll get in contact with rogers

@memerederoche you need your old sim id you have not received the text to approve port from Rogers yet.  

Call Rogers back and see what they can do, maybe they will take a verbal approval

Once sorted out with Rogers, call PM porting support team and they can retrigger the process to port.  I will message you the phone number to your Community inbox 

memerederoche

my number shows up properly, just tested and the caller id shows my number

memerederoche

i don't have the old sim card since i switch over a week ago and everything looked like it was working.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Are you very positive that porting of your number completed successfully?

When you call those number which can receive your calls - what number they see?

Need Help? Let's chat.