cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls or place calls

Chanel90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone calls are are not working at all, even to call voicemail nothing is working. Data and texting all works perfectly fine which is even more suspicious, it’s purely just phone calls that don’t work what so ever. I popped out my SIM and that fixed the issue for a day but it goes back to the same issue after. It just gives the three beeps and drops the call, even though I’m within range and have at least three bars for cell service. Yes I have an old phone (iPhone 8 plus) but it makes no sense why it works randomly after I pop out the SIM card since the data still works the entire time, therefore the SIM card is technically working. Help!

6 REPLIES 6

@Chanel90 

you can contact customer support to fix it. instead of removing the sim try enabling/disabling airplane mode instead. what you can do asap is reset your network settings to see if that helps

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

@Chanel90   

usually after a sim card is put into  a different phone, it will force the system to reprovision the account and that usually can fix some issues.

So, it is working now?   But if it happens again, I think you should open ticket with PM support and ask them to reprovision the account/sim for you on the system side

Chanel90

Already tried that 😔

@Chanel90 Try unable automatic and manually connect to Public Mobile?

Chanel90

I’ve tested it in multiple areas/cities, it’s the same three beeps dropped call every time. But sometimes if I pop the SIM it’ll work afterwards for a while. 
Changed the voice & data settings, still same dropped call.
I tested my SIM in my husbands One Plus and it worked, but now it is also suddenly working again in my phone after reinserting it which I’ve done multiple times already and it usually works after taking it out and putting it back in. It’s been over 5 times I’ve had to do this.  
This has been happening for weeks I’ve just been hoping it would sort itself out but it obviously hasn’t lol 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chanel90

do you have another phone to test voice calls?

did you test the voice in another area?

Try to enable VoLTE on your phone and see if it works 

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Need Help? Let's chat.