cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port number

Unknown001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried transferring my number from Telus six hours ago and still no connection. Tried rebooting my phone. Entered my phone number, IMEI, Public accepted it, and nothing since. I no longer have access to receive texts from my old phone.

17 REPLIES 17

Unknown001

Thanks, had to wait several hours after calling Telus and it finally worked.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Unknown001 

You need to contact customer support. Type "sim card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via SIMon. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up waiting time but expect a reply within the hour.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@Unknown001 can you at least make outgoing calls?  any error message on your phone like No SIM, SIM not provisioned??

Unknown001

Yes I tried rebooting and still nothing.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Unknown001 

If you don't have service on your pm sim card then contact customer support for provisioning of your sim card. Otherwise reboot your phone and everything should work.

Edit:

Contact customer support below.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Unknown001

Thanks, I've called Telus and they told me the process is complete on their side. Anything I need to do on Public's side?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Unknown001 

If you no longer have the telus sim card then after reinitiating your port request either thru customer support or the telus porting department call telus customer service and verify your telus account and verbally authorize the port request.

Unknown001

That's correct, the text wouldn't help. Would contacting port support still help or do I absolutely need my old Sim and be able to receive texts?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Unknown001 

Do you have any services on your pm sim card? If you have no services then contacting customer support to properly provision your sim card to your pm account first is most important. Check your email to see if telus sent you a "Sorry to see you go...." email indicating your port has completed as would your account being closed. Contact customer support via the link supplied by @computergeek541 .

Edit:

Or use the links below.

@will13am wrote:

@Unknown001 , you need to acknowledge the number transfer on the Telus end.  Put the old SIM card into the phone and see if you can complete the acknowledgement.  

I beleive that Unknown001 is saying that the Telus service no longer works.  In that scenario, putting the old SIM card back in wouldn't yield any favorable results.

@Unknown001 wrote:

My phone plan at Telus was active but I can't receive nor respond to Telus texts. What do I do?

Was active?  By chance did you call Telus to ccancel the service or did the Telus service only stop working after your made the porting request?  You're going to need to open a ticket to ask a Public Mobile customer support agent look into if the number porting completed, and if it did, this could be a Public Mobile provisioning issue. A Public Mobile ticket to the customer support agents is opened through:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If you have accidently contacted Telus Mobility to cancel your service, you'll need to contact them again to reactivate the service again before trying again to port the number to Public Mobile.

@Unknown001 the text part is an important process for porting.   But since it is a porting from Telus, call the number I sent you and see if there is anything they can do. 

Unknown001

My phone plan at Telus was active but I can't receive nor respond to Telus texts. What do I do?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Unknown001 usually it is better to enter account number instead of IMEI for porting request 

So, your Telus account was active when you requested the porting? did you get the authorization text from Tekua and  you reply YES?

and you can at least make outgoing calls?

There is a porting team number you can call and get a status update,  I will message you, check the Community inbox 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi did you leave old sim in to receive transfer request you must reply yes within 90 minutes some say you don’t need telus sim but you do need to answer yes to text

Was your Telus service active when the request was made?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Unknown001 , you need to acknowledge the number transfer on the Telus end.  Put the old SIM card into the phone and see if you can complete the acknowledgement.  

Need Help? Let's chat.