cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage not right

Cellexcite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've pulled up my phones data usage screen and the usage my phone is showing isn't the same as the public mobile data usage. I have used less than half the data this month that public mobile says I have and I rarely go over my data so obviously there is an error cause I just purchased a data add on a couple days ago and its telling me that I've used 95 percent of a gig in 3 days which isn't right because I've had mobile data turned off. 

10 REPLIES 10

@softech wrote:

Multiple times I got private message and  it was similar situation,  CS agent picked the wrong one to reply 

Same @softech 

😕

Thanks @CS_Agent , I was not the one who needed help.  I was just trying to offer my help to @Cellexcite .

This is not the first time CS Agent replied the wrong person on a thread.  Multiple times I got private message and  it was similar situation,  CS agent picked the wrong one to reply 

Its good to see CS Agent steps up to help, but please follow the thread carefully and send your help to the right person 

again, thanks

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi, softech

Thanks for reaching out to us! My name is Rafael and I'll continue assisting you.

After looking into your case, I’d like to mention that you have 32MB left. The data usage in your phone is not matching because you don’t have a billing cycle due to you have a prepaid plan.

That means that you need to check your data usage only using your self-serve account otherwise you need to update the billing cycle manually in your phone depending when you renew your plan.

The screenshot that you provided us is showing that the billing cycle start every 13th of the month but the last time that you renewed your plan was on May 30th.

I can recommend you to add a data booster or upgrade your plan on the next renewal.

Feel free to share any other concerns with us or let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be more than happy to hear you and help you in any way possible.

Kind regards,
Rafael
Customer support agent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cellexcite   I assume you are on Android .  You sure you changed  the "start billing cycle on"  to match your current PM cycle start date? 

Because PM is running on 30 days cycle, the cycle start date will change from month to month.  Your current PM cycle start date would be the date on your last payment.  Or if you login to My Account, you will see a future date "Payment Due Before", 30 days before that will be your current PM cycle start date.    Please make sure your set your device "start biling cycle on" date accordingly.

E-MobileData.png

If you have set that date correctly, your device usage and the PM usage shown on the Overview page should be around the same.  The difference should not be more than 20Mb.  There would be a slight difference but an acceptable one.

For Android, although you can track backward by moving the start billing cycle on, you will still need to change that date on your phone every 30 days if you like to keep tracking it

If you are on iOS, there is no way to change the date to track the usage backward with the iOS build in tracker and compare with PM Usage.  The only way to track is to make note of your next cycle start date and reset the data track on that date.  You will have to manually reset it every 30 days. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Go by whatever it says under this area in your self serve, as it is most accurate:

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

Is your phone setting set to the start date of your plan when it last renewed?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah if that's the case keep us updated on what CSA says because if there is an issue where you are not getting the accurate amount of data you should be getting and are being shortchanged..thats got to be rectified immediately 

While the usage details aren't exactly real time, the front page is.

But you would need to set your phone data counter date to your last renewal date. Then you could compare to the front page counter.

Perhaps your phone is set to use cell data when you leave a wifi connection or it's a weak connection. Perhaps your phone is set to allow sync's and OS and app updates over cell data.

But please remember that most of us here are fellow customers just trying to help.

@Cellexcite 

Reading your concern, it sounds like you are using your phone to look up your data usage but I can see that you are comparing it with your account.

It seems that you are the second or third person with this problem. There might be a glitch with the system.

Best that you contact a CS_Agent to look into this for you.

Cellexcite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm pretty sure I know that silly. If you are gonna answer something maybe you should read what you are answering before you reply. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite 

Please note that PM is on a 30 day cycle not a monthly cycle on your phone app.

You can check the real-time data usage if you login to account and look under View My Usage. This will have the data usage, texts and calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.