cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port-in mobile phone number from Fongo

Dratur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port-in my Fongo mobile phone number but apparently the number is deactivated so the port-in failed ? Now the only option I have in my profile when I enter back my mobile phone number it prompts me to "Wired Line" without letting me the option to port-in a mobile phone number. 

Anyone can help with this ? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Dratur wrote:

I provided the Fongo account to them when I reached out, but they insisted my Fongo number is deactivated when it is not. I received the SMS text maybe 6 hours after I requested the port from public saying it failed. I receive a text once from Fongo saying I requested a port and to contact me if I didn't, obviously I didn't act upon that. What I don't understand is I get prompted to "Wired Line" each time I enter my phone number to request a new transfer, cannot select mobile or enter IMEI. 

@Dratur - could be a cache issue as @Handy1 suggested by using incognito mode or a different browser or device, to log into My Account that way.

Regardless, if the fongo account is active the port shouldn't have an issue if you check that the number is portable. So, i'd go back to that ticket you submitted and hopefully you get a different agent this time. Tell them it is active and to start the port process again for you. 

@Dratur did anyone provided you the porting team support number?  Call them and ask them what's wrong

I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Dratur

I provided the Fongo account to them when I reached out, but they insisted my Fongo number is deactivated when it is not. I received the SMS text maybe 6 hours after I requested the port from public saying it failed. I receive a text once from Fongo saying I requested a port and to contact me if I didn't, obviously I didn't act upon that. What I don't understand is I get prompted to "Wired Line" each time I enter my phone number to request a new transfer, cannot select mobile or enter IMEI. 

@Dratur wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, when I said deactivated it was because that was the reason given from Public Mobile for the failure. I even contacted support and they told me to check with Fongo to make sure my phone number is reactivated. Oddly, it is still eligible for a port and I can still use it. 

Ok, that is odd if Public Mobile answered that way @Dratur . Did you provide the fongo account number upon trying to port, or something else?

When you tried the first time, did you receive an SMS text to our Fongo number to approve the port?

I would submit another ticket to request the port if your My Account is causing you issues to do it through this way.

Dratur

Sorry for the confusion, when I said deactivated it was because that was the reason given from Public Mobile for the failure. I even contacted support and they told me to check with Fongo to make sure my phone number is reactivated. Oddly, it is still eligible for a port and I can still use it. 

@Dratur - if the fongo port failed, you should still have a functioning Public number (previously virgin #). Do all your services still work? I am not sure why you need to enter this phone number (previously virgin #) back into your My Account. 

What does the phone number say under your profile section:https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

....well, don't tell us the phone number, I mean is the it number that you ported to public (previously virgin), or is it the fongo one you tried to port? If you still want to port the fongo number you should be able to if it is activated.

But, then in your original post, you said it failed cause it was 'deactivated'? I'm a bit confused.

@Dratur clear your web browser and try again incognito private mode or even a different device or lap top computer even . If you’re trying in the website .maybe try in the app . 

Dratur

My Fongo account was activated for months already, right now I can use it. What I meant by "When I enter back my mobile phone number" is when I try to do a port via my profile. This wasn't a public phone number before porting to Fongo, it was a Virgin Mobile one. 

Dratur

My number is eligible. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dratur - so did you activate your Fongo account, so you could complete the port over to Public Mobile?

What do you mean by,  "when I enter back my mobile phone number"? Was this a public phone number you had before trying to port the Fongo one?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dratur  First make sure the number can be ported 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

For further assistance please

message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.