cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t pay with my America Visa card

SajjadAli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there, 

I am a US citizen and visiting Canada as a tourist. Want to buy Prepaid SIM card. Went to store and purchased this Public prepaid SIM card. While entering the payment information online, system couldn’t take the my postal code. Why?? 
I am giving my Visa card information. 
if credit card is not working, can I give debit card?? But I believe it will ask same information for my address. 
will appreciate your support. 

13 REPLIES 13

I had a look at this and indeed, a zip code can't be entered at all. Basically 2 digits in a row are not allowed and not a first digit. But it can be entered in the change card screen. So one could sign up with a different Canadian card and then change to the US card after.

@SajjadAli wrote:

I am giving my address and code correct. But system not even taking it. This is the card which I regularly use. 

Public Mobile doesn't ask for billing address for payments.  Address-wise, only the postal code/ZIP code is asked for. 

Asl for the account profile address, that can be set up to anything and doesn't need to be the same as your credit card.  I suspect that only Canadian address might be accepted.

SajjadAli

This is the card I regularly use. So the billing address and my card info matches. I don’t know why system not accepting my zip code. 

SajjadAli

I am giving my address and code correct. But system not even taking it. This is the card which I regularly use. 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@SajjadAli , If using Mastercard, Visa, Or Visa Debit Or Mastercard Debit, They should work, as long as info matches that from your financial institution

If there is an issue, contact your financial institution to inquire, and if its a lock or something, provide the appropriate info to Both PM CSA and Financial Institution to correct

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Save yourself some hassle and time, and buy it from Amazon.

https://a.co/d/6shqGTd

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If your card is from a US institution and the billing address for it is a US address then it should work. Use the billing address zip code.

If you go the prepaid gift card route then I suggest the Vanilla branded one. Not MyVanilla.

@SajjadAli Visa prepaid..typos above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that the same as prepaid visa card?  I don't think I have seen visa debit cards unless it's from the bank.

@SajjadAli you can buy Visa Prepaid from most supermarkets (Loblaws/Longos etc) or Shoppers Drug Mart or London Drug 

Fixed typos

SajjadAli

Waoo. Appreciate your quick response. Where can I buy it? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SajjadAli a quick workaround is to use your Visa to get a Canadian Visa prepaid card and use it to activate.  Just put in any valid Canadian postal code

Fixed typos

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SajjadAli  - Public Mobile currently accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), Visa debit, and MasterCard debit cards issued by Canadian or American financial institutions that are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

See here for more info.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

If you continue to have issues submit a ticket to CSA. To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Normally Faster  use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Need Help? Let's chat.