cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make outgoing calls weeks after porting

Alexander701
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently ported my number which was successful, and I can receive texts and calls and send texts, but I can't call anyone, (it says number is not assigned) can someone please help with this? I've looked in the forum but can't find an answer since it's been so long after porting.

Thank you!

Alex

9 REPLIES 9

self given solution removed/solution re-assigned

@Alexander701 

You will need your old SIM in your phone. Unless your previous carrier is Telus or Koodo.

I hope you still have your old SIM.

Alexander701

Turns out I missed replying yes and requested it to be ported again but never got a text to reply too a while ago. Reached out and submitted a ticket and they are requesting the port again.

Thanks!

Alexander701

Thank you!

@Alexander701 

It sounds like a provisional/backend issue so just wait for the CS_Agent to contact you by private messaging on the envelope icon above.

Alexander701

I submitted a ticket thank you!

Alexander701

yes i did

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alexander701 

Just wondering if you replied to the text from your previous carrier with the old SIM in the phone with YES?

This is a critical step in completing the porting process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alexander701   did you try reboot your phone?  you have another phone to test the sim card ?  

did you try to call by adding a 1 in front of the 10 digits?

if nothing work, I suggest you to engage PM support and have them to reprovision your sim and it should resolve the issue

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.