cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make a call - I get a message that says I don't have an active plan???

Gracie64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is now 11:38 p.m. and I am trying to call my son who is driving home and I AM UNABLE TO MAKE A CALL FROM MY CELL PHONE TO CONTACT HIM - I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE THAT I DON'T HAVE AN ACTIVE PLAN AND THAT I NEED TO MAKE A PAYMENT TO ACTIVATE MY PLAN - I JUST CHECKED MY CREDIT CARD ACCT. AND THERE IS A CHARGE ON IT FROM PUBLIC MOBILE for $20.16 SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???

MY SON JUST CALLED ME ON MY HOUSE PHONE AND SAID THAT HE GOT THE SAME MESSAGE WHEN HE TRIED TO CALL MY CELL PHONE - WHAT IS GOING ON?? 

A VERY PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

5 REPLIES 5

Gracie64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reminder! I see that the last time I had posted in the Community was in 2020 so it's been awhile. Q.: do you know if the customers who were experiencing the power outage (which, when reading some of the posts, seemed to happen on Thursday, so the day before my issue started) were receiving a message that they "needed to make a payment to activate" their account? That was the message that I kept getting (and callers who were trying to call me got the same message) even though a PAP charge had been charged to my credit card for the usual monthly amount. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gracie64 - we are customers and members like you here on the forum, not public representatives.

Since this is a public forum, anyone can see your post, so I would suggest you edit your post to remove any personal information (full name). To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

If you are impacted from this now 5 day issue, I would submit a ticket to Public representatives if I were you. Methods to contact them provided by @softech 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gracie64

Please try to 

1.reboot your phone 

2. reseat your sim card 

3. click Reset all networks

if nothing works, please open a ticket with PM support 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Many customers are affected. Not sure when this will be fixed. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gracie64 

There was a PM outage in specific areas but it has been resolved as of today at 10:00pm EST.

Here is more info:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119 

But to be sure if you are affected by this outage or an AutoPay disable glitch. Login into your account and go to the Payment section and see if AutoPay is enabled.

Also check the CC or debit card in your account if it has expired on record.

Need Help? Let's chat.