cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t hear caller and calls failed

Msbaseball2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When receiving calls we can’t hear the caller. We have to hang up and call the caller back. Calls are constantly failing and the quality of the call is horrible always cutting out. How can this be fixed?

16 REPLIES 16

Msbaseball2

Thank you very much

@Msbaseball2  Here’s how to submit a ticket with support 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Msbaseball2

Can you please tell me how to submit a ticket

Msbaseball2

Not sure how to change the preferred network or network mode. Also, it’s not showing on the status bar if I’m on 3G or not 

@Msbaseball2 can you check if you are using VoLTE instead of. 3G for voice?

Disable Wifi

Check if your phone showing 4G or LTE on top of the status bar

Make a call, while. you are still on the call, check if the network stays on 4G or LTE or changed to 3G

Msbaseball2

Sorry, iPhone 8 plus

Msbaseball2

Thank you! This has been going on for quite a while with the iPhone 8 Plus and just started about a week ago with the iPhone 11

Msbaseball2
  • No, it’s not. Thank you

Msbaseball2

Yes both phones. The iPhone 8 started first and the about a month later the iPhone 11 started. Both public mobile and have had the accounts for a long time. Thanks for your reply

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Msbaseball2  Check 

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

@Msbaseball2 - you are getting this with 2 different cell phones that are both Public Mobile? Are these new activations, or accounts that have been around a while and this is just all of a sudden? If all of a sudden and this happens with different phones, i'd guess a network issue. Hope it is temporary. But if you want to check with an agent submit a ticket with them to let them know your area and inquire. 

Msbaseball2

An iPhone 11 and an iPhone 8 Plus. Both are doing the same thing. The iPhone 8 Plus started acting up first

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Msbaseball2 

in phones Settings, check to make sure the Bluetooth isn't connecting to your vehicle radio while you're in the house.

corrected sp

Msbaseball2

Thank you!! I have rebooted the phone, and removed the SIM card as well. This is happening on 2 different cell phones in the same location. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Msbaseball2 

What brand and. model your phone? I wonder if it works with VoLTE

Try these:

• first try to reboot the phone
  • If that does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Msbaseball2 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on.

Also, try listening with an headphone if you have one to eliminate the possibility of a defective speaker.

Need Help? Let's chat.