cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get calls

Sung-may
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t get calls.  I called my cell phone from home phone, the calls 1) straight to voicemail 2) cell phone not ringing 3) can you give me my 6-digit Ref. no.?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Some more info and answers to the above questions will narrow things down and help the community point you in the right direction. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sung-may , did you just activate a SIM card and port over from another provider?

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protectio

Or, try performing a reset of your network settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sung-may   for your call issues, can you at least make outgoing calls?

for incoming calls issue, please try to first  reboot the phone, try it

If that does not work, change the Preferred network to 3G only/WCDMA only and see if it it picks up incoming calls

If it still does not work, try to reseat the sim card.  Power off the phone, take sim card out for a minute and then put it back and power up

If you have another phone around, you can also try to put the PM SIM in the other phone try test it

What 6 digit reference number? or you meant the 4 digit PIN for you use with  *611 ?

Need Help? Let's chat.