cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't downgrade plan

swordio777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the PM homepage there's a plan for $23 @ 6GB data.

When I log into my PM account to downgrade to this plan it doesn't show up.

When I go to "Subscriptions & Addons" and click on "Change Subscription", the only plans that show up are all more expensive than the plan I'm on!?

In the past I've been able to change my plan to anything I want. Now it seems Public wants to force my hand into selecting only plans that will cost me more money.

(As an aside - what is happening to this company?! I used to love Public Mobile and be proud to recommend it to friends and family who were overpaying on other providers' plans. But in the last year Public has gotten absolutely terrible. It's completely lost touch with its customers. A true fall from grace. I've been with PM for 7 years and never been more tempted to switch)

7 REPLIES 7

swordio777

Over the 7 years I've been with public I've changed my plan multiple times. Sometimes up, sometimes down. It was always based on my current level of useage and overall "bang for buck".

In the past I don't remember certain plans being limited to new customers, but perhaps I've just never wanted to switch to one of those. However I know for sure that I've been able to downgrade to sub-$20 plans in the past 18 months or so.

I'm not saying Public Needs to offer a hundred-dollar service for 10 bucks. But in the last year they do seem to be switching to the cable model where all attention is given to bringing in more customers while loyal customers get overlooked. Such is capitalism, I guess. Just a bit disappointing from a company I used to really like.

swordio777

Yeah, my current plan is already $29 for 20GB. So nothing for me here, sadly.

swordio777

Forgot to say - tank you very much for such a quick response!

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@swordio777, yes they have made some of these great offers only available to new activation customers and for us that they have already hooked we are left with very little options, mostly more expensive plans. I feel for a no-frills company that relies on self-service they should be a lot more accommodating 

swordio777

Ah, you are right. I see now that the $19 and $23 plans are new activation only. That sucks.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@swordio777  Yes because that plan is for new activation only . Not existing customers . Lowest plan I see in our accounts for existing customers is 15GB $30 plan 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @swordio777 what plan do you have and what you want to Change to?

for me, I see all plans except the 2 "new activation " only plans which happen to be the 2 low cost plans.  

Need Help? Let's chat.