cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect to network

Angedubya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve just signed up for PM, have a LG K20 phone (that seems to be compatible according to other posts here) but can’t connect to Public Mobile3G (the only PM network on the list). Have tried toggling airplane mode, turning it off and on again, removing sim and putting it back in. Not able to change APN settings as another article suggested, the font is light and can’t click on anything in there. Was with Koodo before, but our plan ran out and phone is unlocked. Not sure what else to try. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Tsawwassen   that I am not sure.  Whether you are on 3G speed or 4G speed, you likely still using the 4G LTE network, just on a lower speed.  Unless you have set  the phone to 3G only, you are not really using 3G for data 

For example - m y home Bell Five  1.5 GB -- speed test very from 300 mbps to 800 mbps and have never tested close to 1.5 gb that  I pay for. Bell technical support advised that speeds depend on network traffic in general and that the 1.5 gb speed would only be realized under ideal conditions when for example none of my neighbours happen to be on line.

Hi @Tsawwassen   that I am not sure.  Whether you are on 3G speed or 4G speed, you likely still using the 4G LTE network, just on a lower speed.  Unless you have set  the phone to 3G only, you are not really using 3G for data 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When there’s just more traffic on the network than it can reliably support, users may see full bars of signal but experience poor download speeds. The later is the reason I have chosen to remain on the less expensive 3G data plan. I have compared 4G to 3G and could not tell any difference . I have concluded that paying for 4G data does not guarantee that I would always get 4G speeds.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Try this, @Angedubya 

• From a Home screen, tap Settings,
  • Tap Backup & reset,
  • Tap Network settings reset,
  • Tap RESET SETTINGS,
  • Tap Reset Settings.

This should do it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Angedubya your phone would work here since it worked on Koodo before 

For LG phones,  when they change network, you will need to click Reset All Network for them to work on the new network.   Please try

Just in case that still does not work, you will then have to go further by Resetting the phone to Factory Default.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Angedubya 

Did you port your old number over to PM or did you pick a new number?

If you are porting over, your Koodo plan must be active to complete the porting.

Good thing your previous carrier is Telus/Koodo because PM is a subsidiary of Telus.

Just create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of this Community page or private message on the envelope icon above. They will straighten this out for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.