cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add back my $15 unlimited US talk and text

madmanpierre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an unlimited US Talk and Text (from Canada) add-on/plan. I took advantage of one of the 4G offers. Before I did it, I verified that there were still US talk and text add on's and found Unlimited US talk and text (from Canada) for $15 as well as 2 other plans ($8 for just talk)

Now that I upgraded to the 4G plan, it doesn't offer that anymore in the list of add-ons. Help! I have calls I have to make today.

7 REPLIES 7

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to say, I'm sure the plans you saw were US roaming. I just looked again after re-reading OP, and there are 4 US roaming plans listed:

• $20 for UL talk, UL text, 250MB data
  • $15 for UL talk, UL text
  • $8 for UL talk
  • $8 for UL text

all of these are the 10-day roaming-in-US model. I do think 1000 minutes to US (from Canada) for $15 is the best you'll do. If you were truly paying $15 every month on your old plan, this will be better unless you went over 1000 minutes most months.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could you add the 1000 US LD minutes add-on for $15? It's not unlimited but it also doesn't expire at end of month. You can already send and receive unlimited texts. Not sure if that would help.

BTW, the "$8 just text" is a roaming-in-US addon. The roaming-in-US addons start immediately when you pay, and only last for 10 days total.

[BTW, on the page https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#4G the footnote explanations are out of sync with the references, e.g. footnote 4 in the text should actually be to #3 (which lists some US/UK numbers not included in the US/UK LD addon. Not sure to whom I'd report this, @CS_Agent maybe?]

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@madmanpierre    Sounds like you purchased the US roaming packages which are only valid for 10 days from time of purchase.

@computergeek541 

The $15 could have been the way it was displayed on Payment history in self service where items are broken down.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@madmanpierre hi did you pick the 10 day addon for use while in the states by mistake? it may be expired already 

@madmanpierre wrote:

I had an unlimited US Talk and Text (from Canada) add-on/plan. I took advantage of one of the 4G offers. Before I did it, I verified that there were still US talk and text add on's and found Unlimited US talk and text (from Canada) for $15 as well as 2 other plans ($8 for just talk)

Now that I upgraded to the 4G plan, it doesn't offer that anymore in the list of add-ons. Help! I have calls I have to make today.

Sorry, but as you know, the recent 4g plans don't have US calling in them. Unfortuatnely, there isn't any way to get your old plan back.  Also, there has never been a a $15 unlimited US calling from Canada add-on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @madmanpierre 

are you in one of those very old grandfather plan, those that you pick your option and build your plan?  there is no more Unlimited US talk and text  add-on anymore.  

And once you left the old grandfather plans, no way to go back

Need Help? Let's chat.