cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate my SIM card

rickie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the SIM card and register on line to finish the activation, then install the SIM card into my IPhone 7 unblocked phone, after several minutes,  a message shows 'iPhone is not Activated', contact your carrier if th

is it really difficult to activate PUBLIC MOBILE CARD ?

29 REPLIES 29

rickie

No,no, initial problem was solved by PM customer service, now the SIM card is working well on my iphone7.

but now I want to use my new phone 13, the same issue happened .

@rickie   you said the initial problem was fixed by your friend.  What did he do ?  can you ask him to try again ?  (or let us know what was it as well?)

rickie

I suffered the same issue as initial post, my iPhones are all from US, I don’t know whether this is a reason caused this problem.

currently, I don’t have another working PM card on hand for a trial, but my friend SIM card TELUS is working well on my both iPhones.

Already contact customer service , they also ask for my phone IMEI, I don’t know why? I will come back to you all , thanks a lot!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rickie 

Where did you get the iPhone 13? Did you put another working pm sim card in the iPhone 13 and it worked fine? Since it seems the original issue was a provisioning issue you could just have a faulty sim card that once you put the sim card in your iPhone 13 it didn't provision with your phone. Basically it's having difficulty communicating with your phone and your account.

Contact customer support again and ask them to reset your account and reprovision your sim card again with it in your iPhone 13. Also ask them that if this happens again whereas you lose service on the iPhone 13 for no reason or if you happen to put the sim card in another phone and the service stops working then you have a faulty sim card. Ask for a credit to be applied to your account when you submit a copy of your reciept for the purchase of a new unactivated sim card that you can then sim swap in your self serve with the faulty sim card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

rickie

I used other SIM card with normal running for cross-check, it works well at both iPhones. So I think the root cause is at PM side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rickie : SIM cards are intended to be portable. Apple is in their own world. Everything about the service is working as you know from your iphone 7. I'll leave Apple device troubleshooting to those that know how they work in their own world.

rickie

My phone ios version is 15.3.

I want to use my new phone iphone13, but when I took out SIM card from iPhone 7 and insert iPhone 13, the same issue happened without signal ( no service).

I want to you guy know, last time PM service guy asked for my iPhone 7 IMEI to solve the problem on my phone, that means the SIM card is bonding my phone 7, I can’t change phone for this SIM card ?! Why?

@rickie   first check what iOS version is on your iPhone 13.   Please note iOS 15.4 beta DOES NOT work on PM.  If that is the case, you have to find ways to downgrade your iOS to 15.2.1 or 15.3

If you have other iOS version.  Let us know exactly what error you see.    What are working and what are not.  Like incoming calls? outgoing calls? incoming text? outgoing text? Data?  what the iPhone status showing? 

NO, YOU do not need to let PM knows you IMEI number.  But did you change SIM card? you do need to register your new SIM card with PM if you are using a new SIM

rickie

Now the same problem is coming, when I changed my iPhone from 7 to 13, it doesn’t work in my iPhone 13. Do also need I tell PM my phone 13 IMEI number?

Why ? What’s the root cause?

@rickie 

Great that things finally worked out for you!

Welcome to PM.

rickie

Hello, guys, I’d like to let you all know now my SIM card worked well after technical guys solved due to a sync problem.

Thank you all !

rickie

Now I updated my iOS to 15.3, it doesn’t work.

I don’t know how to configure my SIM card upon activation, I have to say it is very not easy for use to me.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rickie 

Can you confirm that you tested the pm sim card in another phone and it works? This could all be for naught if your sim card didn't provision correctly upon activation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@rickie 

Just wondering if you are connected to 5G on your iPhone 12 Pro. PM is on 3G so maybe try going to Setting>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Voice & Data>disable 5G.

rickie

I will try to update to 15.3, but it doesn't work on 15.2.2 at iPhone 12 pro. 

@darlicious 

The latest IOS 15.3 fixes bugs and patches Safari hacks and it is the most stable update.

IOS 14 update was the worst for my iPhone.

I would recommend @rickie update to IOS 15.3.

rickie

Got it ! thanks! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rickie 

You may not want to update to iOS 15 as it causes an issue with some iPhone 7 phones.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

rickie

My iPhone 7 system is iOS 14.4.2, do I need update to iOS 15? how to update to Public Mobile 49?

Latest one is 49.0, try to run a carrier profile update.  

Also you said you tried different SIM on this iPhone?  You have a 2nd phone you can put the PM SIM into there and check if the SIM works on another phone

@rickie   is it getting Public Mobile Carrier profile?

iPhone-CarrierProfile.jpg

rickie

Carrier: Public Mobile 45.0

rickie

I bought new SIM card for new phone number for the first activation.

I cross-checked by different phones and SIM cards, my iPhone 7 is no problem.

@rickie   When you at General->About, what do you see for Carrier Profile?

@rickie wrote:

Try your tips, but not work till now.

Checked my phone, it is not blocked, insert Telus card, it worked, Inserted PUBLIC MOBILE card into my Iphone 13 unlocked, it doesn't work.

I don't know why ?

@rickie - you should be able to have most services pretty much instantly after paying and successful activation.

Try your SIM into another device to rule out a phone issue.

Did you receive a text on your Telus SIM to approve the port over? IF not, insert the Telus SIM to wait for the text to approve.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

rickie

My iPhone 13 system is the latest update, it doesn't work, it seems the SIM has a problem.

rickie

Try your tips, but not work till now.

Checked my phone, it is not blocked, insert Telus card, it worked, Inserted PUBLIC MOBILE card into my Iphone 13 unlocked, it doesn't work.

I don't know why ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rickie   I would test the SIM with another phone to confirm if it is indeed a SIM issue or iPhone

And , try to connect your iPhone to a computer , launch iTune and start download all the updates and most importantly, download the Carrier profile for Public Mobile.  You need that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rickie  - were you charged for the activation?

If so, Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.