cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update Payment Method

jadem2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having issues updating my payment method. My on-file card was stolen and my plan has been suspended, so I'm trying to add a different Canadian Visa credit card.

I have tried Firefox (regular and private mode) and Chrome (regular and incognito mode) and the mobile app. I have waited multiple hours between tries. I have confirmed my name and address match the credit card. I have had the credit card for months and used it yesterday so it's definitely active and working.

The error message I'm getting just says "Oops! We encountered an error processing your request. There was an issue updating you card information at this time. Please try again later or reach out to support if the problem persists."

I have been contact with a CS agent but so far they haven't been able to help.

Does anyone have any ideas I've missed? I'm at the end of what I know to do to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

jadem2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies! I'll try updating my card in a while then. I'll report back if I ever figure out what was wrong.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I would say you did everything what anybody would advise.

Agent Should be able to enter new card number into your account. Create a ticket or contact agent again; you might get one who knows how to do it. At least I HOPE agent is able to do that for you; somebody might correct me.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jadem2023 

what card were you trying to add?

you can try to wait an hour and try again with another card. But really if agent cannot help, we won't be able to do much help, we are just customers

But if you need to resume the service first, get a voucher from Shoppers Drug mart and load the voucher using *611

Then wait a week or two and try again , usually that would work

Need Help? Let's chat.