cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Text in US

Crashnot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Add-ons for US talk, text & data. Talk works but texts do not come in or go out and I have no data. There is good cell coverage in this area for US phones. Any tricks I need to do on my settings? 

10 REPLIES 10

Crashnot

Cellular Data Options "Roaming On"

Data Roaming "ON"

Voice & Data "LTE"

@Crashnot wrote:

I just bought US data an hour ago, so would like to think I can get something from it.

HI @Crashnot try reboot the phone

and you had bundle before and buying data this time? if you re-buy the SAME roaming addon before the 15 days expiry, it wont' work, and you will need agent's help to sort it out

If data does not work still submit ticket with agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Crashnot

It's always on with my phone.

Crashnot

I just bought US data an hour ago, so would like to think I can get something from it.

HI @Crashnot   then this is normal, iMessage uses mobile data.

you have no choice but to either buy more data or just stay with sms

But if you need to buy more data, likely your 15 days not expired yet, you need PM agent's help.  Please submit a ticket with agent to ask them to help re-buy early

Or your other choice is to just buy a different one.  If you got bundle earlier, then buy the roaming data only this time

You need to turn data "ROAMING" on, not just data.

Crashnot

both iMessages and SMS options work now. But still no internet capabilities. Four bars for cellular access.

Crashnot

Data is always on as home is rural so we need it. But I had to go turn on SMS even though iMessages started sending. Still don't have data so trying to restart phone for lack of any other options.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

On your device make sure you enable data roaming in your network settings; it's usually off by default. Then ensure you're imessages are set to send via SMS when there's no data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Crashnot  are you using SMS or iMessage/RCS?

remmeber iMessage or RCS are not true text, they need data.  

If you are sending sms but not working, please check if you phone connected to T-Mobile still

(but, I have a feeling you were  using iMessage or RCS)

Need Help? Let's chat.