cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone clarify the USA -Canada plan?

Burkey20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@I recently switched to the 50gb of 5 g Canada - USA plan which says it includes minutes - text messaging and video. 
So to clarify I can call from USA to Canada? Text? And FaceTime? 
I’ve never had such a plan and we travel to the USA a lot and usually add on a plan. 
Is this correct? Especially the calling ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Burkey20   Just to add one thing since you mentioned especially calling, check that your phone is on Public Mobile's VoLTE approved list in the link below otherwise your only voice call option will be T-Mobile's 2G network which is spotty and gradually being shut down.  The USA carriers have all shut down their 3G networks already hence the need for a VoLTE phone (or use a voip app because data should still work even without VoLTE).

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

If your phone is not on the list it may still have VoLTE capabilities but no guarantee.  If you are unsure you can test it before you leave Canada (turn off wifi and make a phone call, if the phone drops to 3G it doesn't have VoLTE).

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Burkey20 

Canada-US plan, you can call and text Canada numbers and US numbers from Canada or US without any roaming charges, you can use data in Canada and US up to 50 GB, once you use consume all data, data will stop till your next renewal 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Burkey20  Yes it’s a true snow bird plan you can call to and from each country CAN/US from either country using talk text and data at home or in the U.S. . Just remember when in the US to have data roaming turned on in phone setting , and set network to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T some have also confirmed Verizon works in some places so be sure to test  which partners work best for you and your location in the U.S. 

Need Help? Let's chat.