cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not log in to my account

Vlad5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered a sim card and got a new number . This number belongs to someone else. I can receive a 6 digits code to log in to my account to change the number. Need your help. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Vlad5  So you registered a new line, you picked a new number and found out the number belongs to someone else and you cannot login ?

Assigning an old number to new account is a common glitch.  But no worry, just follow the steps

1. Login My Account and have the 2FA send to your email address. On the 2FA screen, click Resend code, then click Send email
    E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg
  2. Once logged in, go to Profile page, click on the Pencil to the right of the phone number to update and change to another new number
    https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I didn't notice earlier that your post heading is that you cannot login into your account.  You need to use a clean browser so clear cookies and cache or try incognito mode to login. @Vlad5 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vlad5 I'm not sure that a number can be provisioned to two different users.  How do you know it belongs to someone else?

If you want to get a new number that's very straightforward.  Log into my account, go to profile and you can edit the phone number and grab a new number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vlad5  - do you mean you CANNOT receive the code? Select 'resend code' once twice or however many more times until you get the email option.

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

The number assigned is not supposed to belong to someone else, but guess what, this sometimes happens ! 😕
Go into My Account and change the phone number (free to do so up to 4 times in 30 days), then your issue should be gone.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please don't post your number here as it's not safe and anyone can see it.  You can do an edit and remove it by clicking on the little arrow in your post.

I'm sure you can change your phone number in your phone account.  Try using the profile page and there must be an option to change it and public doesn't charge for changing numbers unless that's also one of the changes around here. @Vlad5 

Need Help? Let's chat.