cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not change area code and save my number

Morgana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi !I moved from NB to AL .I need to have a local phone number ,how I can change area code (321) to Alberta area code and save my number .I changed address in my profile .Code did not change.Transfer number works only with other providers.When I tried to "change number ",I can choose only new one ,not to save mine .

Thank you advance for help 

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Morgana 

You cannot just change the area code. 

YMMV But you can call the following numbers to find out whether they are in use or not.

403-your-num

780-your-num

587-your-num

825-your-num

If you find one of these numbers which is not assigned and is a Telus number, you can ask moderator to get that number for you.

Otherwise, you need to find out which provider has that number - Rogers/Bell/Shaw/Freedom etc.and open an account with that number.  Then port it to PM.

If I were you,  I will get a new number from the city where you moving to.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Morgana wrote:

Hi !I moved from NB to AL .I need to have a local phone number ,how I can change area code (321) to Alberta area code and save my number .I changed address in my profile .Code did not change.Transfer number works only with other providers.When I tried to "change number ",I can choose only new one ,not to save mine .

Thank you advance for help 

You have to choose a new number if you also want to change area code.

Btw there's nothing stopping you from keeping your old number. However you will pay NL tax rates if you use your card to top-up via your account. You can pay AB tax rate if you opt to buy payment vouchers or pay in store.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Morgana 

Unfortunately, what you ask is not possilbe.  You can't keep your same phone number and just change area codes. Somebody probably has the same number in Alberta (with Alberta area code)

If you want Alberta number, you will need to choose one of the availalbe ones that Public mobile offers you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.