cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can-US 5G Plan - Very Low Speed in USA

Omer2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Can-USA 5G plan. I constantly get excellent 5G speeds in Canada. On average, speed is 150+ Mbps in Canada. I have noticed speed dropping to 5 Mbps when I am in USA even though I am connected to 5G network with excellent signal strength. I have never come close to the speed levels which I get in Canada. I have also tried changing it to 4G / LTE but no luck.

I am using an Android phone. Roaming is always on. Usually I connect to T-Mobile but I have also tried AT&T but no improvements in the speed.

Is there anything else which I need to change in the settings?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

hi @Omer2023 

which city you are in?

try also Verizon. Verizon just joined PM as the new roaming carrier

and reboot first and try in different areas for all 3 of the network again

@Omer2023 wrote:

I have tried rebooting the phone as well. No luck. 

Have you tested your service while in USA? Anyone else who has tested it in USA?

When I had the Can/US plan I got about the same as you. I wasn't doing a lot of surfing per say. More talking and texting back home with a TON of FaceTime (apple). I think there may be a speed limit for visitors??

I hate dropping links but dinner is ready for me. LOL

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Omer2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried rebooting the phone as well. No luck. 

Have you tested your service while in USA? Anyone else who has tested it in USA?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Omer2023 

Sadly Public Mobile has no control of what ATT or T-Mobile data speeds are for visitors to their country. You can always voice your opinion to a CS Agent but to be honest, it won't go anywhere. You COULD try a network reset on your phone but not sure that would help but you never know. What about rebooting the phone? OR just leave it on Automatic and reboot. See what it picks for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.