cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Public Mobile resend Koodo promotion text to me?

EnriqueJesus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to switch over to Koodo, using the deal that Public Mobile offered... I went to Koodo store, and they said I needed to show them the actual text... well since I have a flip phone, I delete my messages often, so I didnt have it saved.

Can a moderator somehow get me that message re-sent so I can take advantage of the offer?

16 REPLIES 16

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@srlawren, well we like you around! 🙂

I don't think he is going to switch. I was joking about the credit check. I just thought it was funny that they targeted a teenager. That just shows the Koodo text messages are arbitrary. The plan is definitely postpaid.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michael77 very kind, but we're really not that important!  🙂  As my better half likes to say, "nobody is irreplaceable"!

As for credit check, since it's a post-paid account, I would presume yes they would, since that's standard procedure for a post-paid account.  But this is just an assumption, I don't know the definitive answer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Hi ,

The Oracles are too important to PM. You're on the protected list. 🙂

I didn't get a text message either but one of my referrals (who is a young teenager) did. I wonder if they will do a credit check on him. 🙂 He is from the recent FM promotion. I bet Koodo just pulled phone numbers out of a hat. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CalvinW wrote:
I didn't even get the code either. That's just not fair. At least offer it to the people that couldn't get the Fall promo

@CalvinW I don't know what the rhyme or reason is in the selection process as PM has not shared that with even the oracles; however, it seems the majority of people that have been extended the code (which also does *not* include me) are on the 2016 Fall Promo (which *does* include me).  It seems, from that general observation, that they are trying to move people off of the "16FP" (as I like to abbreviate it).  Given the large price gap betewen the 16FP and the current in-market plans, I can see why they would be motivated to get people off that plan and onto something that has a more positive effect on Telus' overal ARPU.  If they can get an extra $10* a month from people by moving them over to Koodo and giving them Canada-wide instead of province-wide calling plus an extra gig of data, both of which are thought to have very minimal incremental cost to provide, they can help provide better value to shareholder.  [Which, at the end of the day, is virtually every company's M.O.--non-profit organizations aside.]

I could probably have summarized this up better by simply saying "LIFE isn't fair," but I'm sure you know that already.  😞

EDIT: I forgot about my * note.  In reality, probably much higher than $10/month for most people on the 16FP, after you factor in AutoPay, referral rewards, community rewards, loyalty rewards....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm on the plan, but haven't contacted any mods yet

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Has anyone on a PM 12gb per 90 day $120 plan that did not get the text tried requesting the text offer via PM to a mod? Maybe they will accommodate private requests on a case by case basis.

Michael77
I didn't get the text message either. Perhaps they are saving one for me for a different promotion? 🙂 😉

@CalvinW wrote:
I didn't even get the code either. That's just not fair. At least offer it to the people that couldn't get the Fall promo

Dramatic promos are no longer open. That part of PM's gene code has been removed. We are still waiting to completely understand what Telus has spliced into its placeRobot Mad

Telus seems to be in the midst of sorting out the price points for its 3 modes of "going to market"; full service and the broadest suite of products/add-ons by Telus, pay for service calls and limited suite of products/add-ons by Koodo, no call centre and narrow suite of plans/add-ons by Public Mobile.

With 5G/VoLTE on the horizon, Shaw's entry, and recent CRTC rulings it's going to be a smash up derby for another year at least.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalvinW

Elise_H

Hi Enrique,

If you received the 5GB offer and have the promo code(KOODO505GB), your phone number would enough info for the Koodo rep to validate that you are elegible for the offer. 

EnriqueJesus

Thank you Luddite, and Neatooo. 

Cheers.

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
np, please follow Luddite's instruction to reach all mods

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

EnriqueJesus

Thank you for the info, Neatooo.

I would do what you described, but how do I know which mods are online?

I think a better solution would be for a mod to PM me directly, and that way I would not have to search for mods and message each one, hoping they respond.

Any mods online and active, please send me a PM.

I would have loved to at least get the text aha

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.