cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch to new plan after charging 33$ per month

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been working in this weekend and I forgot to switch on new plan so my plan renewal date was 17 February, today it’s 18 , I have been already charged 33$ what happenes If I switch now will they transfer my balance or not ? I am got busy and I couldn’t  do it before time 😖

22 REPLIES 22

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Farjy Seems the community is putting more effort into this than you?

I have had feedback from a moderator that you CAN call 611 and ask them to review your case. You would be requesting a change to the plan you want AND a credit for the excess that you can use on your next renewal.

YOU must take the next step.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I have to admit, I'm running out of visible screen space by now, all that yellow is creeping towards the centre...  😄

@Luddite

Well that image caused so much laughter a coughing fit was triggered and I nearly fell off the rocker. 🤣

@Ludditewrote:

@wetcoaster Lucky you. Stickies no longer work for me; too much drool as I doze beside the fire! Robot LOL

AND Ralph likes the taste of the stickie.

@Luddite

I have to admit, I'm running out of visible screen space by now, all that yellow is creeping towards the centre...  😄

@mimmo Based on friend who made the switch last week wait time is less than a minute. Maybe he was lucky.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarieHelene_L  thanks for the clarification.

out of curiosity could the same thing not be done via private messaging.

Customer: i want to switch from legacy to in market

PM:  you need to acknowledge the following items that are different before we proceed/ please reply yes i understand.

customer: yes i understand

PM: congratulations you are now switched over.

from what i recall reading several people complained about long 611 hold times.

@wetcoaster Lucky you. Stickies no longer work for me; too much drool as I doze beside the fire! Robot LOL

AND Ralph likes the taste of the stickie.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Farjy Nothing can happen until you send a private message to the moderators.

@MarieHelene_Lwrote:

Okay guys, let me clarify Cat Tongue

Technically, yes, we can make those changes. However we should not be making those changes. The procedure we have internally clearly states that in order to switch from legacy to in-market, customers must contact the call center to proceed.

This is simply to ensure customers wanting to make the switch clearly understand what they will be gaining and losing with this change. So yes, while it is true that we can do it, you should not be referring customers to us for these requests as we will simply advise them to call *611 🙂

Thank you!

Marie

stickied to my personal PM knowledge base... 😉

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Okay guys, let me clarify Cat Tongue

Technically, yes, we can make those changes. However we should not be making those changes. The procedure we have internally clearly states that in order to switch from legacy to in-market, customers must contact the call center to proceed.

This is simply to ensure customers wanting to make the switch clearly understand what they will be gaining and losing with this change. So yes, while it is true that we can do it, you should not be referring customers to us for these requests as we will simply advise them to call *611 🙂

Thank you!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

@mimmowrote:

I hate it when there is conflicting info.

I will try to find the post where I saw that mods can switch from legasy to inmarket without calling 611

I too recall that being offered but cannot find it. Can't even remember the Tag I added. Maybe I was addled? Robot wink

mimmo

I hate it when there is conflicting info.

I will try to find the post where I saw that mods can switch from legasy to inmarket without calling 611

In this situation a moderator is needed as the customer is asking for a plan change without needing to pay twice. @MarieHelene_L

Now they may say "no", but only the moderators can make it happen.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

OK then.  But that's not what I read in MarieHelene's comment.

mimmo

Mods can can do  the change without calling 611

matbasm

@mimmowrote:

@wetcoaster  it was confirmed that mods can do the legasy transfer to inmarket without the need of calling *611 to confirm the loss of the call centre.

@mimmo, I think you meant to say cannot do the transfer without calling *611. ???

Thanks for chiming int, @MarieHelene_L!

mimmo

@wetcoaster  it was confirmed that mods can do the legasy transfer to inmarket without the need of calling *611 to confirm the loss of the call centre.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wetcoaster

Correct! To change from legacy to in-market plans, customers have to contact *611 first. If they message us, we'll just advise them to do so 🙂 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo, @KMG

By the looks of it, @Farjy is still on a legacy plan. Is there a statement from the mods somewhere, that they can do the switch from legacy to in-market plan? I might be just missing it, but until I see it in official writing from one of the senior mods ( @Mary_M, @Shazia_K or @MarieHelene_L?) I'll continue to advise legacy customers to call *611 for plan changes.

mimmo

Mods are pretty good about changing plans if only a day or two has passed.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

KMG

Normally you would not be able to switch your plan until your next renewal date, unless you paid in full for the new plan and lose the amount you just paid.

Try sending a private message to the Moderator team and explaining your situation.  They may allow you to switch your plan without losing your money.

Need Help? Let's chat.