cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I suspend a payment

819cookie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi can I get a delayed payment for my next month? I'm trying to make ends meet due to the COVID-19

8 REPLIES 8

@819cookie wrote:

Hi can I get a delayed payment for my next month? I'm trying to make ends meet due to the COVID-19

You can delay your payment for up to 90 days, but your service will stop working until payment is made. Your only real option would be to use a credit card to apply the top up so that you can make the credit card payments later.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, you can't delay a payment if you want to be able to keep using your phone.  I'm not sure if any the big phone providers would do something like that, but definitely can't do it with a pay as you go service like Public Mobile.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  lol yes sorry. Busy at work accidentally hit post when trying to scroll up on my phone to correct a word.

I edited and added it in the middle as I did want to get the point across to OP about removing autopay first (if they're on auto-pay) so PM wouldn't attempt to charge them as they said "short on funds" 

It would s.u.c.k if you were counting on that money for something and found out PM took it...

@819cookie download the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send  calls and texts for free. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@819cookie   Yes you can for upto 90 days.  Just remove your CC (if one on file), or just go the the Plans/Add-ons tab, then report Phone Lost and then Suspend Service.  This will will suspend your account and no payments can be made until you decide to Resume Service and make a payment.  Make sure to do that before the 90 days after suspension are up otherwise the account and number will get de-activated.

Edit:  After reading other's comments, I'm hoping OP will clarify as to what they meant?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 

Interesting. I interpreted it the same as JoyLuck. Yes we can suspend service but then we wouldn't have a phone. I suspect the OP would like to continue service but delay paying for it. But maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: I see you edited your post.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Remove autopay from your account if you have that set up.

Once your next payment due date is due..no payment equals account put to suspended..90 days result in account deleted and you loose number ..

Unfortunately you can't delay na payment for week to keep service. You would need to make a payment as this is a prepaid service. Or as suggested above .lower your plan to the lowest plan available to be charged at next payment due date.

So remember to reactivate your account before 90days from payment due date

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You can not delay your payment if you still want to use your phone. Can you drop down to the $15 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.