cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay for 2 different phones on the same credit card and still get rewards for both phones?

maryjane0298
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to know the 3rd time can cause troubles especially when the renewal dates are close together. I heard horror stories on payments getting rejected so my 2 lines I specifically uses 2 different credit cards and the renewal dates are a week apart. So far so good.

@jp2 wrote:

Yes you can. If possible try offsetting the payment date of the 2 phones because some people have issues with auto pay when the same card pays multiple phone on the same day 

There are two potholes to overcome on this road.  The self serve systems gets angry when the same payment card is used multiple times.  This does not appear to happen until the card is used at least three times.  Twice is fine. 

Depending on which payment card and their anti fraud algorithms, renewals of multiple accounts on the same day and in the short space of time can cause payment rejection.  Most recently a colleague at work experience this as he was using the same card on 3 accounts that renew on the same day.  Two renewals pass the gate keeper but the third was rejected.  This error provided the perfect opportunity to split the renewal dates and the problem never came back again. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 not everyone but some or it could just be a coincidence that they have multiple line payments on the same day and just got unlucky Smiley Happy

maryjane0298
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you looks like my son will be getting a phone then. Appreciated thanks for the speedy reply

Yes you can.  It is when you try to add more than 2 it gets a little iffy and a work around has to be done. 

@jp2 wrote:

Yes you can. If possible try offsetting the payment date of the 2 phones because some people have issues with auto pay when the same card pays multiple phone on the same day 

They do??  Hmm haven't noticed this before

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.