Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep the same number ?

Mistery6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear all,

I have some questions. 

1) Can I keep the same number if I switch to public mobile? I assume yes

2) After I sign up and switch what happens to my existing plan with other provider? Will it automatically cancelled after my last billing cycle?

8 REPLIES 8

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mistery6 easiest way is to get a temporary number first.  Then open ticket with PM and also them to help port. Telus owns PM so they can do that without any problem

Mistery6

That's what I did. I entered the account number and it poped up with the same message. So dont know what to do now😂

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you don't have to do the primary number first.  You can start with the secondary number.  But don't give IMEI number.  Give them phone number together with the account number 

Mistery6

I am doing the transfer now. Here is our situation.

We have a telus account which contains 5 numbers. I want to switch one of the numbers first which is not the main number on the account.  And during the process, the notification pops up that the IMEI/Account number is invalid. Wondering what to do in this case or should I transfer the main number first

@Mistery6 wrote:

Thank you for your info. No I have not checked yet. My current plan is with Telus

Oh. Then there should be zero problems. I was on Telus and moved one of my accounts to Public Mobile. Then ported back to Telus. In house is more than acceptable. 

Mistery6

Thank you for your info. No I have not checked yet. My current plan is with Telus

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mistery6 yes you can transfer your old number in to public mobile and when you do the process will automatically close your old account 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Mistery6 wrote:

Dear all,

I have some questions. 

1) Can I keep the same number if I switch to public mobile? I assume yes

2) After I sign up and switch what happens to my existing plan with other provider? Will it automatically cancelled after my last billing cycle?

Hello @Mistery6 

Yes, you can port over your number from almost any other service provider.

Here you can check if your number can be ported. 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Once you port your phone number, it will automatically close your other providers account.

Need Help? Let's chat.