cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my mind after changing my plan?

silfur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was on a grandfathered $50 plan and I changed to the $15 plan.  Immediately afterwards I realized that I'm going to need unlimited calling so I'd like to upgrade my plan to a $25 plan but I'm not willing to pay $40 for a $25 plan.  Is there any process or support to fix my mistake?

6 REPLIES 6

@silfur wrote:

I was on a grandfathered $50 plan and I changed to the $15 plan.  Immediately afterwards I realized that I'm going to need unlimited calling so I'd like to upgrade my plan to a $25 plan but I'm not willing to pay $40 for a $25 plan.  Is there any process or support to fix my mistake?

Did you request an immediate plan change or did you pick the scheduled option?  The scheduled a next renewal option can be backed out of.

@Luddite wrote:

@Meow  Sometimes, CSAs will use their discretionary powers

Thank you for clarification but key word here is 'sometimes'. I believe customers cannot rely on 'sometimes', 'maybe', 'if they are in good mood', etc.

@Meow  Sometimes, CSAs will use their discretionary powers to assist a customer making this kind of adjustment if the plan cost difference has been added to Available Funds.

@silfur  If the $25 plan is not required for the its data allowance, adding $5 calling add-ons as needed may average out cheaper. After all, incoming calls are unlimited so you only need to "bulk up" for outbound calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@silfur 

You can switch to the $25 plan from the $15 plan but unfortunately you can’t go back to the grandfathered $50 plan.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is no way back.

Since you are on $15 plan now, you can add 500 minutes add-on, and schedule plan change to $25. So you are going to 'suffer' 30 days with only 100 minutes out calls and after that will have unlimited.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...unfortunately, once you opt out of the "grandfathered" plans...you can't opt back in as they're no longer an avialble plan. Sorry !

You can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for use if you run outta minutes in the $15 plan. Then you can select the $25 plan to Change at next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.