cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can others see my name or phone number when they use my referral code?

Son73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I gave my referral code to someone, and I was wondering if they could figure out my name or phone number when they use my code?

8 REPLIES 8

@hTideGnow wrote:

I think the moral of the story , Friends Referral code are supposed to be offered to friends only, not any random person. 🤣

Yes, but who are we kidding?  I do understand that there are times that you'll want to refer classmates, co-workers, etc. and these people wouldn't necessarily have your phone number, but there isn't any real way for Public Mobile to judge is someone is really a friend. In my opinion, the referral codes also encourages customers to talk about Public Mobile and encourage others to join as much as possible, whether or not the referring customer knows the other person.

I think the moral of the story , Friends Referral code are supposed to be offered to friends only, not any random person. 🤣

esjliv
Mayor / Maire
@Son73 wrote:

Hi,

I gave my referral code to someone, and I was wondering if they could figure out my name or phone number when they use my code?

Unfortuantely, while Public Mobile should not be giving this infromation out, CSAs have sometimes given this information out in error.  When a new customer uses a referral code but for some reason, it doesn't work properly, the new customers asks a customer service agent to fix it.  For some strange reason, it appears to be.appears to gave been in the script of some of the CSAs to incldue the phone number of both people in the private message to the new customer that confirms that they fixed this issue.  This wasn't an isolated incident, and I can only hope that Public Mobile instructed CSAs to no longer do this.  I've communicated with a few other members who have also had this done to them.

What @computergeek541 posted is sad, but true @Son73 .

@Son73 wrote:

Hi,

Unfortuantely, while Public Mobile should not be giving this infromation out, CSAs have sometimes given this information out in error.  When a new customer uses a referral code but for some reason, it doesn't work properly, the new customers asks a customer service agent to fix it.  For some strange reason, it appears to be.appears to gave been in the script of some of the CSAs to incldue the phone number of both people in the private message to the new customer that confirms that they fixed this issue.  This wasn't an isolated incident, and I can only hope that Public Mobile instructed CSAs to no longer do this.  I've communicated with a few other members who have also had this done to them.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

absolutely not they can not 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Son73  no they cannot see anything from your account. But you will be able to see their last 4 digits of their phone number after they have used your code in your Refer A Friend section under your My Rewards account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Son73 ,

No, your referees cannot find out your name and phone number.

That was the reason why PM changed to use referral code instead of using the referrer's phone number.

But as a referrer, you can find out your referee's last 4 digits of their phone number from the old reward system.  I am not sure that new points system will do the same or not as I don't want to switch and cannot come back to the old reward system.

Edit to provide more clarity.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Son73 

No. But if they use your referral code and you are on the old $$ rewards you can see the last 4 digits of their phone number. Points program customers see sweet muck all in their accounts to track their referrals.

Need Help? Let's chat.