cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change a username?

Kvothe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I recently got a name change a couple of months ago. Looking back now I regret it. Is there any way I can go and change the username on here so I do not have to see my old name?

9 REPLIES 9

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Kvothe As you are quite new to PM, the simplest solution is to just create a new Community account. Logout, then click login but select New User? Register here.

Register the new account with your self serve email address to ensure future Community rewards are applied correctly.

How would that impact on any imminent community rewards for the month or history since day one for @Kvothe ? And would that mean @Kvothe would have 2 usernames with same email address? 

@iPhoneUser 

I suggested above to change the email to something else and forget about it

You cannot have two accounts on one email address, you must change or use different one.

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Kvothe As you are quite new to PM, the simplest solution is to just create a new Community account. Logout, then click login but select New User? Register here.

Register the new account with your self serve email address to ensure future Community rewards are applied correctly.

How would that impact on any imminent community rewards for the month or history since day one for @Kvothe ? And would that mean @Kvothe @would have 2 usernames with same email address? 

@iPhoneUser  I was thinking that myself....if new the participation merit might not be a big deal but going forward you would want the two emails to match.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

How would that impact on any imminent community rewards for the month or history since day one for @Kvothe ? And would that mean @Kvothe would have 2 usernames with same email address? 

@kselmak wrote:

@darlicious 

Unfortunately they have removed that option from the selfserve, now I guess your email and user name are identical and to change it you must contact moderators.

I think it's better there was lot of confusion people would change id then they couldn't receive emails cause they never bother to change the email

@kselmak  Thanks! I edited my reply.

@darlicious 

Unfortunately they have removed that option from the selfserve, now I guess your email and user name are identical and to change it you must contact moderators.

I think it's better there was lot of confusion people would change id then they couldn't receive emails cause they never bother to change the email

@Kvothe 

Which username do you want to change? Your community username or your self serve account username? Follow the instructions provided for your community name as above.

If you want to change your self serve username you can change it superficially within your account for the log in portion. If you want to change it and the email associated with your account you must contact the moderators to perform this task. You should have them change your community account email to match at the same time.

Edit: You can no longer change your self serve username in your account. Contact moderators.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

To change selfserve you must contact mediators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

For the community, you could just open another one, change this community account's  email address to something else and forget about it. But if you insist on keeping it you could try moderators too

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You want to change your community forum username? Kvothe??

If so contact moderators.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.