cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add extra texts to my 30-day $10 plan?

Lenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the 30-day $10 plan and see that I can buy extra minutes that roll over month to month, but I was wondering if there is a way to add extra texts in the same manner (other than the 10-day US Roaming Unlimited Texts for $8).  Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well...or wifi. I have been trying Textnow (sure hate the ads) and it will send out to a regular SMS recipient.

I also have a Textnow number which I use when I don't want to give out my real number.  It works just fine.  They assign you a number which you keep as long as you keep using it.  They even send you reminder messages before it expriers in case you want to keep the same number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Lenny wrote:

I have the 30-day $10 plan and see that I can buy extra minutes that roll over month to month, but I was wondering if there is a way to add extra texts in the same manner (other than the 10-day US Roaming Unlimited Texts for $8).  Thanks in advance.

You could use internet apps to send messages but you would need data add-on.  The other person would also need internet on the phone and same app installed.

Well...or wifi. I have been trying Textnow (sure hate the ads) and it will send out to a regular SMS recipient.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Lenny wrote:

You could use internet apps to send messages but you would need data add-on.  The other person would also need internet on the phone and same app installed.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Simple answer is No!

A friend wanted the $10 a month plan ( no much voice, no data, right price) but needed more texts.  Ended up going to the $15 plan and is quite happy with that - even though it is overkill for them.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

BTW...the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on won't work...unless you're in the good 'ol USofA. It's designed for use while in America only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lenny wrote:

Ok, thank you for the quick response

And those roaming add-ons are only functional in the states.

Lenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, thank you for the quick response

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...there's no texting add-on available. You can message the moderators to restart your plan over early, but you'll loose whatever balance you currently have.

Alternative is to sign up for the $15 plan right away or future date it...your choice.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Lenny  no sorry the only way is to upgrade to the 15 dollar plan it has unlimeted texts Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.