cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for my brothers phone

mthompson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. My brother has a phone with you but I would like to pay for his bill every month but do not want him to have access to my credit card information. Is this possible

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mthompson wrote:

Hello. My brother has a phone with you but I would like to pay for his bill every month but do not want him to have access to my credit card information. Is this possible

I enabled autopay with my credit card.  I cannot access my credit card info from my self-serve online. 

I don't think your brother can get your credit card info to buy thing some where else online.  But, you brother can purchase PM add-on using your credit card on PM account.  If you don't allow add-on purchase, use PM topup voucher.  Please remember that if you miss a payment deadline, your brother will without a working phone without enable autopay.

@mthompson, I like @SD08's suggestion for the voucher as the best option.

There are vouchers available online at www.recharge.com and would be more convenient as you wouldn't need to go out to get them.

You can then pass along the PIN via email or voice message to your brother to load.

SD08

Yes, excellent tip by @RobertQc, if you really want your credit card added onto his account in order to earn the autopay reward.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mthompson wrote:

@mthompsonHave your brother log into his self serve with you there. Tell him to close his eyes. Enter your credit card information in. Once the information is put in the system he does not have access to the full credit card number. If your brother tried to find out he would see part of the number. Public mobile displays the first 6 digits then ********* then 4 digits. Public mobile as with all website (or at least everyone I have seen) they blank out part or all of the credit card number.

cc.png

cc2.png

If you do not want to autopay, and manually make the payment I suggest getting his log in information so you can manually make a 1 time payment each 30, or 90 days or fund the account with as much as you like.  If my brother ware paying for my account I would happily give him my password 😉

SD08

You can buy PM vouchers using your funds/credit card and give him the voucher PINs.  That will be all he needs to load the funds onto his account, either through his self-serve or by dialling *611 on his phone.  Vouchers are available from various retailers such as Walmart, Wow Mobile, 7-Eleven, some Candian Tires and Shoppers Drug Marts.

Need Help? Let's chat.