cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add 30 days USA data and roaming at one time. It says 15 days...

jeff9548
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

No I would say technically it could last as little as 336 hours and 1 second.

@maximum_gato   i notice that midnight thing.  So, technically the addon can last 384 hours - 1 second?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jeff9548   No you cannot add two 15 days addons to make it 30 days

But if you are going there for a full month, it is cheaper and better to get local data sim card or eSIM.  if your phone is a newer model support eSIM, eSIM is a cheaper option

But if you need voice on your own phone number while you are in US, then maybe roaming is what you need.  But you can use a workaround, use TextNow to make free calls with Mobile Data or Wifi .

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@jeff9548 

I've asked for clarification but the updated help articles do continue to state that US Roaming add ons are immediately valid upon purchase but pm now says they expire at midnight eastern on day 15 vs 360 hours later. I'm not sure if there still is a waiting period or if it's still 24 hours or not?

@esjliv 

12 hours? Is that new?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jeff9548 while in the USA the Roaming addons only last 15 days (360 hours) from the point of purchase. So, no, you should not buy 2 at once. Currently, you will need to wait until the 360 hours are up, plus another 12 hours...if this is still the case to buy the same Roaming addon.

If you need the same one after the 15 days are up you can submit a ticket to CSA to get it activated before that 12 hour buffer. OR, buy a different Roaming addon and add that one to your account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jeff9548  it’s 15 days from the moment you purchase it , rebuy it in 15 days if you need longer 

Need Help? Let's chat.