cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls outside of province

Arvindman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have basic plan of $15 for 30 days, it says 100 minutes Canada wide calling, is it restricted to Manitoba only? Or my calls to other provinces of Canada are eligible?

- will incoming call from other provinces will be charged?

Iam international student so do not understand terminologies of plan easily as it was different at my home country.

Thank you.

Greetings.

9 REPLIES 9

@Arvindman 

FYI....if you would like to address a member directly simply tap the "@" key and box will pop up with the usernames in it or if you dont't see it keep typing the name until it pops up then tap it and go....

Welcome to public mobile!

Arvindman

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Greetings.

Arvindman

Thank you for your response, indeed that was very helpful.

Greetings.

Arvindman

Thank you for explaining.

You have good rest of the day.

Greetings!!

Adventurehat

Calls are Canada wide. You must use the area code in the province you wish to reach, and you should start the phone number with 1 (area code) then the number. You should be fine

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman wrote:

Hi,

I have basic plan of $15 for 30 days, it says 100 minutes Canada wide calling, is it restricted to Manitoba only?

No, all of Canada

Or my calls to other provinces of Canada are eligible?

Yes

No, all incoming calls from anywhere will NOT be charged. 

Iam international student so do not understand terminologies of plan easily as it was different at my home country.

My responses are based as a direct answer to each question. Based on if you are on the $15 plan before Feb 16. 

Thank you.

Greetings.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Arvindman wrote:

Hi,

I have basic plan of $15 for 30 days, it says 100 minutes Canada wide calling, is it restricted to Manitoba only? Or my calls to other provinces of Canada are eligible?

Thank you.

Greetings.

@Arvindman 

You can call from anywhere in Canada to anywhere else in Canada as part of your plan. Once you reach your 100 minutes, outgoing calling will just stop for the current cycle.  

You can receive calls, without limits, from anywhere in the world while you are IN Canada.

Recommendation would be if this plan suits your needs, stay with it as no one else can get into that plan any longer.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

@Arvindman 

You are on the "old" $15 plan that includes Canada wide calling free incoming and 100 outgoing calling minutes per 30 days. This plan was recently eliminated and replaced with the $15 province wide calling plan. You are grandfathered in on your plan so as long as you don't change plans your price and features are locked in.

Purchasing the $5/500min add on is a great addition to this plan so you won't suddenly run out of minutes if you exceed your 100 minute alottment within your 30 days. It will roll over every  30 days as your plan renews until you use every single minute. You only pay the $5 once when you first purchase it.

Remember calling your voicemail from your phone uses those 100 minutes so calling from another phone or using a wifi calling app like fongo wont use up those minutes. Just call your number and press "*" when it picks up and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There were recent changes to plans.  There are Canada wide and province wide plans.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Province-Wide-Calling-Plans-Limited...

If you have the Canada wide plan then you can call across Canada.  Only your outgoing calls are limited to 100 minutes.  You can receive unlimited incoming calls.  If you have the province wide plan then you can only call within your province.  If you want to make call outside of your province then you can buy a $5 add-on for 500 minutes to call across Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.