cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not going to voicemail when out of service area

wolfrat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently in the US and do not have a roaming plan. I was told that I would still be able to receive SMS texts and calls - SMS texts do come in, but no voice calls. Also, the caller isn’t given the option to leave a voicemail. Is there any fix for this?

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wolfrat 

You can send and receive calling and texting while in Canada to a Canadian number. You can only send a text from Canada to the USA but you can’t reply without Roaming.

The only work around for free calling and texting is WhatsApp or TextNow through WiFi.

wolfrat

I have other ways to place calls so I do not need a US voice add on. I was mistakenly told that I could still receive calls but I realize now that is wrong. 
But I would just like callers to receive the same voicemail notification that they get when I am home and my phone is off or I don’t answer.

@wolfrat wrote:

Thanks.

Is there any workaround for callers not getting prompted to leave a voicemail? 

@wolfrat - your option? purchase a USA Roaming addon with a calling feature.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wolfrat since you are not in Canada with your phone, I am not sure if you can do anything

Best to message support and see if they can check the forward and maybe reset the voicemail for you

Please message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

wolfrat

Thanks.

Is there any workaround for callers not getting prompted to leave a voicemail? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wolfrat   this is untrue

when you don't have Roaming Talk addon or don't have any Roaming addon, ONLY incoming text will come, given that you connecting to T-Mobile.  Voice call will not come without a Roaming talk addon

Workaround, download VoIP app TextNow to make and receive calls on the app with Wifi

Need Help? Let's chat.