cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls do not come through or go to voicemail when in US

MelSue821
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a regular Canada plan, and when I am in the US, I receive texts, but calls do not even get to go to voicemail... is there a way around that?

5 REPLIES 5

@MelSue821 

while you are in US, if you don't have a roaming addon and people cannot reach you , they will still get routed to voicemail and you can also call back to check the voicemail from another phone or using VoIP app

so, if your friends are still unable to even get to your voicemail, please open ticket with PM support and have them to refresh your account/voicemail.  Message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

MelSue821

I am specifically concerned that calls do not go to my voicemail when in US. Should they not? People get a message saying say UV2 or different things as so... no option to leave voicemail...

MelSue821

I am specifically concerned that calls do not go to my voicemail when in US. Should they not? People get a message saying say UV2 or different things as so... no option to leave voicemail.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MelSue821 do you have any roaming add-on?  if you don't have US roaming addon or Canada-US plan, it is normal that you are getting incoming text for free but not calls and you are unable to send text or make calls

No free workaround from PM.  but you can get free voice and text using VoIP app TextNow.  It will work as long as you have Wifi or Mobile data there (maybe local data sim or travel esim)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @MelSue821 

If you're in the US, calls will go to your voicemail back in Canada as your phone will not ring there without a US add on. You will receive text messages at no charge but won't be able to reply unless you're using iMessages on iPhone and be on WiFi. 

Need Help? Let's chat.