cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling records. The time stamp on my calls is incorrect.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is their a profile setting to adjust the time stamp to be correct for Pacific Time?

This is available at my voip provider. 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@barrascuk 

Add 3 hours to the stamp calling times.

@benfatto wrote:

Best PM leave it alone. Systems are buggy enough. 

I understand what you're saying. Because I visit this website often, lol.

But I disagree. Best to kill bugs immediately. on the spot, when you see them, as they become evident. If you ignore them too long and let them multiply then your collection of unrelated trivial issues evolves into a jury-rigged half-working ad-hoc sloppy kludge full of endless frustrations, problems, workarounds, and holes. A mess which gradually encourages unimpressed or dissatisfied customers to take their business elsewhere. A mess which becomes a serious (expensive) problem to troubleshoot and repair after it eventually fails - through the unexpected crippling interactions and synergies of too many unrelated errors, or through hackers/competitors/criminals exploiting countless vulnerabilities in a juicy half-broken piece of Swiss cheese software.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best PM leave it alone. Systems are buggy enough. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

PM Self-Serve and PM Community are different webservers running on different domains. User preferences on either one will not pass forward unless they're encoded in the links or scripts.

(Community User Profile) > My Settings > Preferences > Time Zone

Does nothing. It will actually remember your preference. But it never displays it anywhere on any of the Public Mobile sites (except when you're viewing this My Settings page, lol).

"Your region is set to: ON. Change your region."

Does nothing. Doesn't display relevant timezone. Doesn't display relevant province-based prices, promos, or tax adjustments. Doesn't even remember your preference for more than a short while anyhow.

Public Mobile basically assumes everybody is at the same defaults - ON (EST/EDT) for English-based browsers, QC (EST/EDT) for French-based browsers. And it keeps forcing those old defaults back (or failing to remember new defaults) after users change them. Sort of a mild insult to everybody else everywhere else in Canada.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @barrascuk   PM's office is in Toronto and everything is EST here.  Cannot be adjusted 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.