cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Nigeria

jelmusboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way I can add on to my current plan so that I can call Nigeria from my phone? If there is, how much will it cost?

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

A quick check in the TextNow VoIP calling app show calls to a Nigeria landline at 13c/min (USD)

As for "calling card" options, a couple of options are: (these two don't actually have a 'card')

• GoldLine - 9-13c/min CAD
  • RebTel - 11c/min CAD, or I'm seeing some promos like $1 for 1 hour, $10/mo for free 30 mins + 2 Hours/mo, etc.

Goldline has local access numbers in Canada that you dial first, then the destination number. RebTel has an app where you also call a local Canada number, but it sets it up so that number routes through immediately to the long distance recipients number.

Good luck!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I second the calling card option if voip isn't your cup of tea, as that would be the most cost effective avenue if you aren't taking the free routes.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jelmusboy 

You can also use WhatsApp for free international calling and texting through wifi.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jelmusboy To add to what @softech said, you can also use Facebook messenger, Facetime or any other number of free over wifi/data apps to call.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jelmusboy   Sorry, Nigeria is not part of any Public Mobile long distance add-on.  PM only offers long distance calls service to very small number of countries

You will need to use calling calls to make the calls.  

Need Help? Let's chat.