cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call is disconnecting after I pick up

honestgourd2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I’m trying to get a friends new subscription to public to work. They just signed up. So far they can only receive and send texts. Phone and pictures don’t work. I can call them and it rings but then makes two beeps and disconnects. They can call me and it rings but same thing it beeps twice then drops the call. Does anyone have experience with this issue? We’ve tried restarting the device and swapping the sim between phones to no avail. 

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Agree @Chalupa_Batman 

Still doesn't hurt for the OP to have it.   Even though it isn't 'supposed to be' posted here, it's a legitimate number for THAT EXACT purpose.  

I've called it some time ago and even the representatives on the other end find it 'odd' the number isn't posted.

A simple google search by anyone can find it by simply googling:

"What is the phone number for Koodo porting Department?"   [ @honestgourd2 , don't get caught up on why Koodo - they use the same porting assistance group as they're all under TELUS]

Ok. So are you sure you finished off the process of starting an account? Does he have a phone number yet with PM?

@HALIMACS I haven't sent the Porting number yet because I wanted to make sure first it wasn't a porting issue. We here tend to send the number pretty fast without knowing for sure if it's a porting issue or not. 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@honestgourd2 what phone your friend has?

Try clicking Reset all networks, try using 3G only for preferred Neteork mode

but I have feeling he needs to open ticket with support to re-provision his account, please message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

honestgourd2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thanks so much for the response! we’ve not ported the number yet. Just followed the normal activation process for regular sim. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@honestgourd2 

were they porting (moving) their number from another mobile service provider?

Did they respond “Yes” to the port authorization text they would have received from the prior mobile service provider, which they would’ve had to with the other provider, Sim card in their device?

If not, call the number which I understand was provided to you by @Chalupa_Batman above.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Did you just port over the number? If so it doesn't sound like the port was complete. I can send you the porting team number if that's the issue. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@honestgourd2  Try resetting the network settings 

Need Help? Let's chat.