Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

mrnimbin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a  change if you call forward your number to another number 

9 REPLIES 9

@BKNS27 wrote:

There will be a charge if you are on the $15/month plan.

There was another member wondering why she ran out of minutes on her old $15 plan and found out that the call forwarding to your business number was eating up her 100 minutes. 😩

This is behaviour of the grandfathered $10 (now $13) plan, and possibly an old version of the $15 plan that did not include unlimited incoming minutes. Also, there was no extra charge with those plans, it just consumed your 100 minutes until there were none left when it would cease to work unless you took action to purchase an add-on. If you "upgrade" to the currently offered $15 plan, call forwarding no longer consumes minutes.

@darlicious @Meow 

Thanks, I added the old $15 plan to my comment.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

YMMV. Simple test. Check overview counter. Set call forwarding. Call number from another phone or VoIP. Answer it on the forwarded number. Hang up. Refresh to check overview counter.

Unlimited Canada-wide doesn't matter. The $15 plan is known to not eat minutes for any call forwarding. The $10 plan did with call forward all but not conditionals. You can't call forward to a non-Canadian number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@mrnimbin 

I do not think this is correct. There is no Charge to use call forwarding on PM plans.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mrnimbin 

from my past experiences with other prepaid providers in the past(20 yrs ago when there wasn't any data yet and one needed to pay for minutes) yes it will use your calling out minutes of course as it's calling another number. make sense?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mrnimbin 

Call forwarding on the $15 plan does not use metered minutes from your plan alottment or any add ons.

Edit:

@BKNS27 

If I recall correctly that user was on the old $15 plan with 100 incoming or outgoing minutes

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@mrnimbin 

There was another member wondering why she ran out of minutes on her old $15 plan and found out that the call forwarding to your business number was eating up her 100 minutes. 😩

mrnimbin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi hTideGnow. Thanks for your reply.  I miss spelled charged. My  bad. Thanks again 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mrnimbin   A charge or a Change?

there is no charge to use call forwarding

but if you have limited minute plan, it might use your minutes

Use Minutes                                        Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a callCalling *611 (the IVR)
Answering a callMaking or receiving calls from 911
Retrieving voicemail messagesUsing calling apps when connected to Wifi
Using call forwarding

Here are the different Call Forwarding options:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding