cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding fails

Mark_Lee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Call forward *004* code returns an error and forwarding fails. Specifically I am trying to set the voice mail answer time to 30 secs.

*#61# -> Shows all call forwarding disabled.

I would like to set a voice mail answer time of 30 seconds via this command from your help pages:
Variable Redirects incoming calls after the call has not been answered for a specified period of time -> Dial * 004 * + ten-digit phone number** + (number of seconds)# + SEND

However I get an error :

Error performing request
Unknown Error

Setting Activation Failed
Voice Call Forwarding
All Conditional Calls

Actually all call forwarding items return an error.

What have I missed?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

HI @Mark_Lee 

it is the default one, it will send  to voicemail after 6 rings

Mark_Lee

So how do I extend the ring time. People call and say they get 3 or 4 rings, of which I hear the last, and the I get dead air when I pickup.

Really frustrating. 

I would like to get as many rings as possible before the system does… whatever the heck it is doing.  😞

hi @Mark_Lee 

you have voicemail, and voicemail works

you don't have to do anything to have the calls forward  to voicemail if not received

you can just dial  ##004# to reset all forwarding to default, which is the voicemail

Mark_Lee

Thanks for the replay. And that sucks. Wish I had known. Makes it hard to job hunt when you don’t have voice mail. 

I’ll need to seriously discuss moving back to one of the big guys. 😞

Mark_Lee

Thanks for the reply. I did finally get a ticket submitted… after 2 hrs of click, click, click.

It is true you get what you pay for and I am not paying for real people help, just chat bot help. 😞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mark_Lee 

conditional forwardings fail for many of us since VoLTE was introduced.  Some said PM CS agent can help to fix, but I am not sure

you can submit a ticket and ask them to check and hopefully get that resolved

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mark_Lee 
Right now call forwarding isn't working. Public Mobile is aware of this. As of right now there is no fix for it. Unfortunately during time you will not be able to forward your calls. Try using unconditional call forwarding.

Need Help? Let's chat.