cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call display not working

HuronBob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I have looked at previous posts and can't seem to find an answer. All incoming calls display "Private number" even though I know these numbers are not unlisted.The only numbers that are displayed are other P.M. numbers. I sure would like to get this resolved.

11 REPLIES 11

@SheBob wrote:

@computergeek541  The numbers were not showing up on the phone exceot for P M numbers. None of my contacts were showing up on the phone when they called unless they were subscribed to P M. They all said "private number" but the issue is now resolvedby having an agent reset the network on my phone.

Thanks for clarifying. I was only asking because the category originally chosen for this messages thread inidcated there being a possible issue with your online Self Serve account.

SheBob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just so everyone understands, I am SheBob (Sheila) and HuronBob is my husband (Bob) hence "SheBob". We were both working on this problem at the same time so the dialogue trail may look a little strange.

SheBob

@computergeek541  The numbers were not showing up on the phone exceot for P M numbers. None of my contacts were showing up on the phone when they called unless they were subscribed to P M. They all said "private number" but the issue is now resolvedby having an agent reset the network on my phone.

@SheBob   thanks. happy that it helped 

What is more important is that people get helped 🙂

SheBob

@softech Once again you came up with the solution to my issue. With your community involvement you should be getting your service for free  🙂

I submitted a ticket through the chatbot and soon got an agent that tried a few things before resetting the network on my phone and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks again

@HuronBob wrote:

Hi, I have looked at previous posts and can't seem to find an answer. All incoming calls display "Private number" even though I know these numbers are not unlisted.The only numbers that are displayed are other P.M. numbers. I sure would like to get this resolved.

For these incoming calls, is no number being shown on your phone or are you saying that no numbers are being shown in Self Seve?

@HuronBob 

Try this.

When someone calls you, create a contact with their name attached to that phone number.  I presume you're using a google account to manage your contacts?

Reboot your device.

Ask them to call you again - does the number display as the contact you just created?

HuronBob

I swapped out the sim card to another phone and had my neighbor give me a call. The problem persisted indicating that it is a network problem I will now contact C S through the chatbot and open a ticket. Thanks for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

@HuronBob   if the same result on another phone, then it is a network issue.  Then please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot.  They can investigate and fix the issue

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HuronBob

Ok I'll give it a try

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HuronBob   it is like a device issue instead of network

Try to borrow a phone from friend or family member, put your PM sim card there and test it out

If it works on another phone, it is a device problem with yours.  You might need to reset your phone to resolve it

Need Help? Let's chat.