cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call display from incoming calls is not working

AnneH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All calls from outside callers are showing as an address in New Jersey. How do I get call display to work properly?

13 REPLIES 13

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnneH 

Restarting your phone often fixes weird/random problems.  There are technical reasons why this works, but the simplest way to describe it is that it clears out some of the "junk" that builds up as your phone is powered on.  Glad to hear it's working!  🙂

@AnneH  glad it has been working now .  Let's hope this is the end of it. Come back and share if the issue comes back

AnneH

Its been happening with some local calls, but not all. I have reset my phone and so far so good... I checked with Public Mobile - all is fine on their end.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnneH 

Can you confirm that even local calls (from callers such as friends/family) also show a foreign number?

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?  I'm curious to see if the same thing happens - if so, it's a network issue and a Public Mobile staff can help reprovision your account.  If it works properly on a different phone, it's a phone issue and some sort of update or reset would be required.

@AnneH   Apple forums have some users have the same issue.  Many of those mentioned that a device reboot fixed the issue.

Maybe try to do one more thing before reboot.  Update your carrier settings

1. Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

Then Reboot.

AnneH

Yes, iphone 6s. Has most up to date software. And, no didn't come from Sasktel

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AnneH wrote:

All calls from outside callers are showing as an address in New Jersey. How do I get call display to work properly?

@AnneH 

Are you an iphone user - What is your model of phone?

Did you come from Sasktel, by any chance?

Ensure you have the latest software for your phone, regardless of the model.

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/just-curious/why-are-my-canadian-incoming-calls-showing-up-as-originating-...

AnneH

Many calls from different callers are showing as NJ. I have reset my settings and am hopeful that works

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

i get it,
maybe a Scam or Spam call from many users,
but how to be Solve !!

@Meow 

Public Mobile customers are in fact able to see name information, even if the phone number isn't saved in the contact if the originating carrier of the call provides the information (not all do).

@Anonymous 

Adjustments to APN settings would not change what's displayed for caller information during an incoming call. Traditional call display doesn't use the internet.   I do realize that some phone software uses the internet to search for a matching entries, but incorrect APN settings would not make the phone say that a call is coming from New Jersey when it isn't.

@AnneH 

Is your phone saying that all incoming calls are coming from New Jersey?  If it's only calls cominng from one phone nunber, your phone may be searching an online database that contains incorrect information.  Call location information isn't a Public Mobile service issue, but rather has to do with the device's software and the database that it's checking.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I doubt your phone is showing address.

It should show phone number (unless it is blocked from caller's side) and it will show name is that name is in your address book.

PM does not provide full name and number on call display.

Do you get a call from the same number? If it shows some funny number consider it most likely as spam.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnneH 

check your carrier network in your device,

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

PM does not have name display but just showing the number.  Does it show any number at all?

What kind of phone do you hve?

Need Help? Let's chat.