cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS agent not replying

Oxygen8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my account - the assigned number is already in use by another person! I sent a message to admin, get a validate account request, do so and then wait 24 hours with no reply.  This service is horrible!    I am paying for phone service that is not in use with no support and no explanation as to why Public Mobile can let something like that happen.  

wow.  Zero stars.  

18 REPLIES 18

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Lagab88 

You should create a new post for your question.

@BKNS27  ... new post or new thread ? 

@Lagab88 

You should create a new post for your question.

@Lagab88 

Authenticate your account? Your self serve account? A wee bit more info would be helpful...

Lagab88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to aunthenticate this account 

@Oxygen8 

Do you have any working services? If not then the mis-assigned phone number is the least of your worries. Either way if its been more than 48 hours since you have heard from a CSA then the ticketing system has automatically closed your support ticket.

If you have no working services ( Have you tested the SIM card in another phone?) then type in " SIM not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Or if it's just the phone number put "assigned number already in use" instead.

Or if you have already developed a hate on for Simple--Simon like me you may prefer my method of CSA contact.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

barndoor

@Oxygen8 wrote:

Yeah, I did EXACTLY that the moment the issue was detected. 

Exactly what ? This board sucks for determining flow of discussion.  Most boards will reference the post that was responded to ... why not do that on this board rather than worrying about making changes to the private message system !! 

Sorry  @Oxygen8   I think the gurus here need more details to help you through this if the CSAs are so busy . 

barndoor

Is this what CSA's do when they feel the issue is something that should have been handled on the board ? 

Just asking because i had a similar reaction with an issue when I first joined  ... contacted CSA three times and got ignored  so contacted a member here privately and got an answer.  

Oxygen8

Then help please because day 4 and nobody is… 

Oxygen8

Yeah, I did EXACTLY that the moment the issue was detected.  Was asked to verify the account then crickets for 24 hours which is why I am PISSED.   Then someone comes in after I posted my message and says ‘maybe the voicemail wasn’t reset I’ll check’ and again…. Crickets for 18 hours.  Going Day 4 now.   No access to a phone I am paying for.  No resolution.       

@LurganIeUk 

Nope not at all!

We are here to help everyone who has problems.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Oxygen8 

PM customer service is only through chat or message to staff moderator. There are no staff to call to answer your concerns.

This is the main reason for the lowest mobile service in Canada.

Meanwhile, members on this Community may be able to help you with your issue.
Once your everything has been fixed, you will probably never need to contact a moderator. 
The key on PM is patience and your issue will be fixed.

Public Mobile has discontinued the use of the term moderator. They're now being referred to as Customer Support Agents, although I do realize that "moderator" is still mentioned in some places on this website.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Oxygen8 

PM customer service is only through chat or message to staff moderator. There are no staff to call to answer your concerns.

Once your everything has been fixed, you will probably never need to contact a moderator. 

@Oxygen8 

Just to be clearer to your newness.

PM customer service is only through chat or message to staff moderator. There are no staff to call to answer your concerns. But you can get fairly fast service here and avoid the chatbot..

This is the main reason for the lowest cost mobile service in Canada.

Once your everything has been fixed, you will probably never need to contact a moderator. Absolutely.  
The key on PM is patience and your issue will be fixed. They are reasonably quick and what the heck...you are not in a queue for an hour waiting for some one to answer.

@BKNS27  I hope you don't mind I did this. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Oxygen8 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Oxygen8 wrote:

I activated my account - the assigned number is already in use by another person! I sent a message to admin, get a validate account request, do so and then wait 24 hours with no reply.  This service is horrible!    I am paying for phone service that is not in use with no support and no explanation as to why Public Mobile can let something like that happen.  

wow.  Zero stars.  

You unfortunately got off to a not so good of a start. Once it is fixed you will begin to see the value. 

@Oxygen8 

Other than waiting overnight for a response it's unusual for a CSA not to reply within a reasonable time or for another CSA coming on shift to take over your support ticket. Response times lately have been under one hour. You can follow up by sending another reply to their private message.

In the meantime try @esjliv 's suggestion and change your number in your account. If your SIM is properly provisioned to your account and all your other services are working normally then changing the number yourself should solve the problem as it's not anything more that the CSA would do for you.....that's the beauty of PM you can do almost everything surrounding the management of your service and account. You only need a CSA for a credit or fix a pm system issue.

Roll up your sleeves.....welcome to public mobile!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Oxygen8 wrote:

wow.  Zero stars.  

Hi @Oxygen8 ,

One way that may get you up and running is to go into your Self Serve and choose the "Change Number" option. 

esjliv_0-1615037373895.png

You can still inquire with CSA when they respond. But this may be an easy fix. If you do not like the numbers showing up, just go back out of the phone number area and chose the city again for a new selection.

Once changed, reboot your phone.

Perform a reset of you network settings if no services are working yet.

If you have not created a Self Serve account you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oxygen8 

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Oxygen8 wrote:

wow.  Zero stars.  

A response can take up to 72 hours from the Customer Support Agents.  So you picked a new number and found out that it is already in use?  If it is a brand-new number to you have you tried selecting a new number?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.