cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@CS_Agent 750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes, Service

Smitesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

I have enabled 750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes Addon but not working in India.

Please provide a roaming facility to India.

17 REPLIES 17

KennethJAdams_0-1695425459347.png

Your question has been asked and answered multiple times. 

@Smitesh wrote:

What is the meaning of AddOn if you are not able to provide service as per AddOne? This is really a fraud. right?

@Smitesh , The Canada add-on 750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes is so that Customers can call those long distance phone numbers from Canada. So, No it is not fraud! Try it , the service works for what it is supposed to.

Smitesh

What is the meaning of AddOn if you are not able to provide service as per AddOne? This is really a fraud. right?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

DDM69_0-1695423166672.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Another thing, it's only $15. Now you have 750 India long distance minutes to use on your phone. Is that REALLY a bad thing? Is $15 really that important to get back? Just saying....

JRod

@Smitesh 
The long distance minutes are so that customers can make calls to India or Pakistan while they are home in Canada. 

You can try contacting Customer Service and see if they will give you a refund. Usually PM is no refunds so it really depends on the agent.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

You need to contact a CS agent for a refund. However they may not refund you because everything is pre paid.

Those "add ons" to contact India for from Canada TO India. It's written right there. Not sure how you could miss that.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also, you need to realize we are ALL customers like you. Nobody from Public Mobile on this forum.

Smitesh

Then why do you have 750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes, Service AddOne facility? Can you reverse the charges?

NO. You can NOT use Public Mobile in India. See my previous message about Text Now. It's a VOIP app where you can send text messages and call people back in Canada FREE using WiFi.

JRod

@Smitesh 

If you are not in Canada you will not get any service from Public Mobile. If you need cellular service I suggest you get a travel e-sim or purchase a prepaid SIM card from a local carrier in India.

Smitesh

Okay.. can I get only SMS in India?

Hi @Smitesh 

If you are in India, your public mobile phone will NOT work there. It only works in Canada and the United States.

Edit: If you want to text friends and family back home in Canada, the download an app called TextNow and pick your city back home as a local and pick a local number. Then you can use this app free of charge via WiFi in India to text friends back in Canada.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Smitesh 

First, log into your account. Then on the left hand side click on Subscriptions and Addons. Then on the right side look at Add on Usage and click on the counter clockwise arrow.

KennethJAdams_0-1695422517056.png

See if it's actually there. And if it is, reboot your phone. Then try making a call. If it doesn't work then reach out to a CS Agent for assistance ONLY if it's not working.

JRod

@Smitesh 

Unfortunately Public Mobile only works in Canada and The US (with a Can-US plan or roaming add-on). The calling add-on you purchased will only work if you are in Canada making the call. If you are in India and hoping your Public Mobile service will still work unfortunately it will not. 

Smitesh

Yes.. I have rebooted multiple times. I only need SMS service. I am not getting any text SMS in India.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Smitesh Try rebooting the phone once 

JRod

@Smitesh 

Are you making the call from within Canada? Have you rebooted your device since adding the add-on? 

Need Help? Let's chat.