cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID DATA ADD ON REIMBURSE

kwarner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After reading DATA add on's would be reimbursed once used: April 06th & April 09th I purchased additional data.

Have never been reimbursed.  

19 REPLIES 19

@stlawren about being a superhero..noted...lol

About the advice thank you! Super helpful.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:

Taken note: Also random but was @srlawren an Oracle at one point or does he have a Green lantern logo because he is secretly a superhero?

@Naepalm well, technically a little of column A and a little of column B....  *cough*

To your other question about how to know when to involve the moderators, I would say the best answer is "experience".  If you're not sure, then observe rather than rushing in to try to help.  I know you were trying to be helpful, but as @ShawnC13 noted, the more we can triage before going to the moderators, the better service everyone as a whole (especially those waiting for help that the mods can actually provide) will be.  Also, it helps manage expectations when we don't give people false hope.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ShawnC13 you my friend are one of thise that I look to now along with the other guys, sounds like they have passed knowledge down well! 🙂

@ShawnC13 I would have to agree @Luddite is 💰

@Naepalm yes @srlawren was one of the original Oracles and a wealth of knowledge.  Along with @Luddite they have been my biggest mentors and those I look to for advice on something I don't know the answer to lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 ok, that makes sense. I really wish we had a sort of metric to gauge what is being answered by the community and what is being pushed to the MODS. I get there are solutions, but many times people dont even accept a solution or ever respond to their original question.

Taken note: Also random but was @srlawren an Oracle at one point or does he have a Green lantern logo because he is secretly a superhero?

@Naepalm wrote:

@srlawren if they were due to be reimbursed the moderators are the only ones that can do that.

With a response from the community just saying no you can't be. This could be discouraging, I would like to provide a more positive response than that.

If moderators have a better idea of the exact savings this person said they saw. I do not think they are not talking about the announcement that has been linked since they said they saw it on the front page. They had seen somewhere that they should get a reimbursement if they used up their 1G data add on.

No other response says that they should look into it further. Contracting the moderators provides an extra layer for the customer to be satisfied with the answer. 

This is why I gave that response. 

@Naepalm , the community will know what offers were active and available at that time as well if not better than the moderators possibly.  Sending everything to the moderators when the community can solve this issue and in this case, know that there was no reimbursement for domestic data add-ons is a waste of moderator resources.  Continually sending people directly to moderators will increase wait times and take the resources away from those people seeking help for issues that only moderators can help with such as a nonworking phone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren if they were due to be reimbursed the moderators are the only ones that can do that.

With a response from the community just saying no you can't be. This could be discouraging, I would like to provide a more positive response than that.

If moderators have a better idea of the exact savings this person said they saw. I do not think they are not talking about the announcement that has been linked since they said they saw it on the front page. They had seen somewhere that they should get a reimbursement if they used up their 1G data add on.

No other response says that they should look into it further. Contracting the moderators provides an extra layer for the customer to be satisfied with the answer. 

This is why I gave that response. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kwarner 

Only for US Data add on. Just a suggestion for next time read the whole post and look into details of the offer to make sure you don't fall into this trap again 

Have a great day

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kwarner  If it was a regular data  add-on then as others have already mentioned you will not get reimbursed as that offer was for US roaming add-ons.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:
@kwarner
Oh ok, you may have to contact the moderators and see what the situation is right now, contact them here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Naepalm what for?  there was no such offer on domestic data add-ons.  This would be a waste of moderator time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kwarner 

@kwarner wrote:

public mobile main page had "How were helping with COVID" link- spanning from end of March & all of April saying additional data add on's purchased by April 30th would be reimbursed after usage was consumed, without further customer initiation, - REPAYMENT WOULD APPEAR ON CC after a few days.

Were you in the United States in April buying the 10 day data roaming packages?  That was reimbursable for the month of April and half of March.  Otherwise, if you bought a data add on in Canada, there was no Covid reimbursement deal.  

Click on link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

If you were in the United States and bought 10 day roaming package, then you will need to contact moderator.  

@kwarner
Oh ok, you may have to contact the moderators and see what the situation is right now, contact them here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The only covid data deal for use in Canada is the 1 gb for $15, instead of $30. 

kwarner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

public mobile main page had "How were helping with COVID" link- spanning from end of March & all of April saying additional data add on's purchased by April 30th would be reimbursed after usage was consumed, without further customer initiation, - REPAYMENT WOULD APPEAR ON CC after a few days.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kwarner I’m curious where did you read that there’s been no such proclamation Besides the US roaming

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@kwarner wrote:

After reading DATA add on's would be reimbursed once used: April 06th & April 09th I purchased additional data.

Have never been reimbursed.  

Where did you read that data would be reimbursed?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kwarner 

Do you mean the 10 day USA roaming data add on?  Or the regular 1 GB regular data add on?  

There was no promotion for regular data add on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

Need Help? Let's chat.