cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy esim without app

Gino77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just want to buy an esim without the app because it’s for a new samsung s24 and I new the esim QR code. I can’t download the public mobile app because it won’t let me pass with the QR code on the welcome screen. I’m already a customer. 

9 REPLIES 9

Gino77

Thank you so much !! It worked 😊👍

HI @Gino77 

it is a Samsung issue, not Public Mobile

Try this

At the initial Setup Wizard:

– Tap all 4 screen corners in the order: top-left, top-right, bottom-right, bottom-left, and do this three times.

– Immediately after this, press Volume Down for about half a second. You will see the volume slider showing up at the top of the screen, but you will also see a message in the lower part of the screen, on a grey background, saying “Unlocked”.

– Now you can press the blue arrow to start the Setup Wizard, and when you press the blue arrow you will see another message saying “Please insert SIM to access network services”, but this time you actually get the wizard started ! Skip it and then you will finally get to the Android Home Screen!

Gino77

I will try to reboot again 

Gino77

It forces me to either put a sim card or scan QR code. No other option

@Gino77   Are you saying you can't log in to the app because you can't get the 2FA log in code because the new phone doesn't have a sim yet and can't receive texts?

HI @Gino77 

that shouldn't happen.  did you try to reboot the phone?

is the phone fresh setup ? can you posts screenshot?

Gino77

My samsung phone won’t let me go to the main screen without sim or QR code even if Im connected to my wifi

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gino77  Might be good opportunity to go back to a physical SIM card there better in my opinion anyways . So if you go to get new phone agin next year you won’t have to rebuy sim . Pick up physical sim card from Telus Koodo store or from Amazon  and so swap the number in profile page 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1709235932896.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Gino77 

you must download free PM app to your new phone, log in to your PM acct to buy the new esim.

Need Help? Let's chat.