cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls dropping

keiramc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Over the last month I'm regularly experiencing my calls being dropped- suddenly lose connection. No change in earbuds, and I have always used a VPN on my phone, as long as I've had Public Mobile.

10 REPLIES 10

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

@wbg13 wrote:

Just to add further, apparently it's a known network issue in my area

HI @wbg13 

which area is that?

@hTideGnow Markham, Ontario

@wbg13 wrote:

HI @wbg13 

which area is that?

wbg13

keiramc1

Thanks- I appreciate the direct link to the CS agent and the steps you took.

wbg13

This happens to me also.  I tried a number of things first: 

1) reset Network settings on my phone to rule out hardware issues

2) tested to sim card in another phone to rule out hardware issues

None of the above helped so I contacted CS_Agent via Private Message and they did some resets on their end and also escalated the case to a higher technical team.  I received a call from their technical team who tried to help troubleshoot which also included changing to a new sim card.  I started to make note of dates/times when the calls dropped and provided it to the tech support agent who then sent the info the another technical support area.  I received a call back from that area and they confirmed based on the dates/times that I provided that it was a network issue.  

I suggest you contact CS_Agent via Private Message to troubleshoot your issue and confirm that it's not just a network issue like mine.  Good luck

@keiramc1 wrote:

Thanks for your replies community members:) Is there anyway to access support from Public Mobile? I will switch if it doesn't get resolved- I use the phone with clients for confidential calls.  No change in area in the last month.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

keiramc1

Thanks for your replies community members:) Is there anyway to access support from Public Mobile? I will switch if it doesn't get resolved- I use the phone with clients for confidential calls.  No change in area in the last month.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@keiramc1 

dropping calls is not a norm. I don't usually get that

but voice calls have nothing to do with VPN , even you might be using VoLTE

May I know what phone do you have?  Do you notice a bigger chance of dropped calls when you are in particular area?  I wonder if it is a local network issue

Although in theory VoLTE and VPN and no related, but you can try to turn VPN off

Also, if you can still change the network mode to 3G , try it and see if voice is better

@keiramc1 wrote:

Over the last month I'm regularly experiencing my calls being dropped- suddenly lose connection. No change in earbuds, and I have always used a VPN on my phone, as long as I've had Public Mobile.

A VPN is unrelated to phone call service.  A VPN only has an effect on an internet connection.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@keiramc1  I get this a lot too . I just live with it because of the low cost plans we get to enjoy . Not the best solution but you can try your phone set to 3G and see if the helps for voice 

adding my phone / account has voLTE and it makes no difference I still have lots of dropped calls 

Need Help? Let's chat.