cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

British Columbia finally has a 65$ Canada-USA date plan

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

5g and unlimited throttle after, 50gigs… I rarely go to the states so this might be good for those that do

41 REPLIES 41

@Proxima   Most of us don't see it, I am strong feeling it was there by mistake.   😞

The good way to think of this  is that it might be an early leak and we will see it soon.  

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sadly they took the plan off last night before midnight… I want to check in I was gone

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Proxima    I'm not seeing this plan in the available plans in My Account either nor on the PM Plans page (Subscription) and I'm in BC too.

edit:  Also, it's not quite as a good deal as the ones being offered for Quebec customers, alas!

Same here. I'm not seeing the US part of the plan in BC; either on the website or on the app in the Change Subscription area. 

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   mine is working!!

if they can fix mine, they can fix yours.  Message them

Oh, I did message, multiple times @softech. You know... just another ticket that seems simple enough to fix, but CSA's drop the ball.

HI @esjliv  mine got fixed too.  I thought I reported back. Maybe two weeks already

@esjliv  Yes mine is working as it should 

@esjliv   mine is working!!

if they can fix mine, they can fix yours.  Message them

@Handy1 wrote:

@hTideGnow  No but bravoed me 

Do you get notifications under your 'bell icon' when someone bravos you @Handy1 ? I no longer do, that stopped on June 3rd, along with losing "My Profile" under my avatar. 

@softech had the same issues, but I believe both theirs are working now.

@Handy1 wrote:

HI @Handy1 

WHAT?? HE didn't bravo me??

LoL.

But I don't know if his bravos count

Do you notice you had a dip in Bravo after he is gone?  It happened last time too

HI @esjliv  Canada Day - Independent day is one week away.. maybe it is the new Canada-US promotion next week.   🇨🇦🇺🇸

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @esjliv 

@esjliv   if it came and goes, i think someone posted it too early.   The plan could be around the corner

For now, let's stay in Canada 🇨🇦 🤣 

What? Public Mobile releasing something prematurely @hTideGnow ? Oh never!

🙃

HI @esjliv 

@esjliv   if it came and goes, i think someone posted it too early.   The plan could be around the corner

For now, let's stay in Canada 🇨🇦 🤣 

HI @Handy1 

he posted?

@Brilliance  your back . What happened to you 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @esjliv   where you see it? your link?

I checked, and I don't see it

I even login My Account and my Change Subscription does not have it too

@hTideGnow - maybe it was added to those customers with certain area codes? 

But...I don't see that plan listed any longer in 2 accounts I just looked at.

Adding...now I see $65 but without the "Canada-US", probably a boo boo. Or, an unannounced flash promo. 😆

esjliv_0-1687459059177.png

@hTideGnow- I seem to remember some saying that the volte toggle had shown on some devices before there was volte. And yes it does not show on the one phone I manage that does have volte. IMS shows in the sim card status screen though. I have a US MVNO service that rides on T-Mobile and volte just simply worked and the toggle showed up and also vowifi (which I had to ask to enable). It's partly why I say that Telus has implemented a proprietary, non-standard method of volte. Which sucks.

My phone has not been enabled here. It works perfectly fine for volte but for whatever protectionist reason, Telus doesn't want to enable it.

Interesting story about T-Mobiles history bit. I had not known that.

HI @dust2dust   I am not sure Moto.  But I know for sure with iPhone, Telus will push to enable it but hide the toggle.  Someone said same with Google Pixel

AFAIK, as long as PM turned on VoLTE on your account (i assume after so many months, everyone is turned on), then Roaming VoLTE or not will only  depends on T-Mobile's list of compatible phones, not PM's

Also, PM is not the only one keep a list of VoLTE phone, T-Mobile has its too, just they have VoLTE longer and the list almost cover all phones now.  But when it first started, the list was short.

That's interesting @hTideGnow . Thank you. I've read of others suggesting to turn on volte (if toggle available) when roaming and wondered what good is that if it hasn't been enabled for here.

So you're saying that even though that volte option doesn't work here that having it on will help itself to volte in the states? Or does the toggle somehow magically show up to be able to turn it on when roaming?

If all of this is true then that's just more fodder of frustration at this place for not enabling it for here when the roaming partner is perfectly happy to let it be used. And people slam me for voicing criticism of this place. Rather mis-directed if you ask me. Which nobody will because I speak to truth.

@BrownBear wrote:

I see that @Brilliance  posts are all gone? Can any one confirm that?

HI @BrownBear 

Oh yeah.  maybe he got into trouble

I'm happy to see some movement back towards US plans, but disappointed at the price point compared to Quebec's PM offering and Freedoms national offering.

I very much wish there was a 4G version of this with less data available. I may consider this plan, but I'm going to sit on it for a while to see if anything better comes along.

BrownBear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I think so. I had asked him another question about activating and his post is gone, but mine is still there. I wonder if he is banned or if his posts went to "unmoderated" and he can find them here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

HI @dust2dust 

I don't think so.  The roaming plan has data, that is the more important part for many

For VoLTE, even the phone is not VoLTE on PM network, if it is VoLTE on T-Mobile, it will work.  My friends with a Moto just tested that last week.  

@BrownBear  Yes it appear so , maybe from discussing that very work around on the Quebec plan is the reason 

BrownBear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like I say I am not interested in such a plan. But do like to keep up to date what the options are. 

Some one said that the minutes on the Quebec plan were not Canada Wide.

I guess anyone that tries @Brilliance  work around is taking a chance. I don't like to do anything  that is not a sure thing.

I see that @Brilliance  posts are all gone? Can any one confirm that?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Seems rather silly of them to roll out these roaming plans when volte is severely filtered and 2G is barely serviceable and even being turned off by some devices. If they just made volte use existing standards rather than their own proprietary method then they'd have something to talk about. As it is, hey look at us and our nice roaming plans but good luck if your device isn't enabled for volte which is completely under our control to enable and very limited at that. Enjoy your trip.

@hTideGnow  wow . This morning just like the twilight zone here today 🙂

HI @Handy1  not for me.. not on My Account 😞

@BrownBear  You can see it in your my account . Or on activation I would suspect . Much like was the case of the $15 and $25 plan . After big system update . You could only get on app or in my account has existing customer . They now appear in both website and app . But I think it’s the same sorta thing happening wit this CAN /US plan

Need Help? Let's chat.