cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing day plans for existing customers

shelly202323
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone at Public Mobile help me or others that are loyal customers get the new susbscriber only plans?  Existing customers shouldn't be left in the dark shame on you public!

13 REPLIES 13

Bigbo

True

Bigbo

You can get a new subscriber by making a new subscription.

@XFan wrote:

just send a private message to CS agent and ask for help with the "deal"; be polite and specific about what plan you want. Since the new plan will be effective right away, you will have to forfeit is remaining days in your current plan instead of wait for the next billing cycle, and the PM dollar discount that you are entitled will not be applied to the first month -- but will be after the first month. Hope this helps. Happy New Year, everyone!

Whenver an immediate plan change (or early plan renewal) is done, no rewards are lost.  The timing is simply different. The rewards arrive within a couple of days later.

XFan

just send a private message to CS agent and ask for help with the "deal"; be polite and specific about what plan you want. Since the new plan will be effective right away, you will have to forfeit is remaining days in your current plan instead of wait for the next billing cycle, and the PM dollar discount that you are entitled will not be applied to the first month -- but will be after the first month. Hope this helps. Happy New Year, everyone!

asdfk

Same, they didn't gave me 24$ promo so I'm paying 25$ for 1GB 3G. Marketing department pissed off a lot of customers this year by trying to compete with freedom mobile 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As I've pointed out in other threads this isn't a specific issue to Public Mobile. If you look at many other providers (and really go through the fine print) you'll see that the new Christmas and Boxing day plans aren't available to existing customers unfortunately. 🙂

The way some people get around this is just switch plans multiple times every single year as soon as they see a better plan. I had a friend told me recently they got a better plan from another carrier and he called his carrier and asked them to match it; which they did and then told the other carrier that he got a better plan from the existing carrier and they offered another better deal and finally his carrier matched that offer so he didn't move 🙂

Overall public mobile offer rewards; which I think most carriers don't. So it's actually a matter of whether rewards is worth sticking to the plan or dump the rewards and switching to another carrier. It depends on the person I guess.

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I might just have to do that. I always thought PM was one of the better companies (I was with them years ago) but now it’s clear they don’t care about their existing users at all. I really don’t get why they won’t honour the promos for existing users? Especially ones who joined recently??

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Time to switch. Sucks but Public Mobile clearly doesn't care about existing customers. First, got rid of More the Merrier data and minutes Christmas giveaways and now limiting all enticing plans to new activations only. Only downhill from here...

Keiichi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Then do what I'm doing and move to a different carrier.  I'd rather pay $29 for 30GB than stick with Public Mobile and the horrible $25 for 1GB.

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried reaching out to an agent and had zero success 😞 I am so disappointed they haven't made the Boxing Day promos available to existing customers. I only joined a month ago. I am not on legacy rewards. 

Johnsmith7

Won’t happen, better off finding a new provider. 

SharpieThinks

I’ve heard some were successful by reaching out to CS_Agents https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Otherwise, I think you can try porting out your number to another provider and porting it back (a bit of a hassle) or create a new account. Major caveat is you’ll lose any rewards you have saved up.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@shelly202323  I’ve only heard some existing customers  getting the 75GB for $40 because it technically doesn’t say new activations on the main page of website . But you can try your luck with any plan that maybe cost more then your current one . And the ones that’s confirmed it say the plan change was immediately and not on next renewal so you will lose money on your current cycle . Me I just created a new account with new email and be sim for the 50GB for $34 . But that’s because i was replacing it with an account that was on points system not the old rewards 

But you can see what supports say @shelly202323 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.